Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

New Assistant Coach Hire Candidates

29 minutes ago, Demo said:

Works with the big men (same role as Roberts). 

22 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't think he's coaching anywhere right now but it could be good for him getting back into it. But he definitely has that experience and has those NBA ties and knows what it takes which could be intriguing to recruits. 

Wikipedia listed him as a G league assistant.  Don’t know if he still is.

Don’t remember Griffin as a player at all. So looked up his stats. 2 things: 1) Had a really nice Sr year. Averaged 10.8 pts/6.5 assts/2 steals. 2) Couldn’t throw it in the ocean from 3. 29% for his career including 24% as a Sr.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

So on his 3 pt shooting, you think he is a natural fit for this team and coaching staff :-)

See, I was going to include something like, “insert snarky shooting joke here.” But I sort of figured that would take care of itself.

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I have not heard this name but someone mentioned Alan Majors. He's been dealing with some health issues but I believe he lives in Indy. Was a pretty decent head coach. 

As a plus? Great big man coach with two of his pupils the #1 overall NBA pick.

As a minus? Purdue grad. ;)

24 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Seems like a guy who would get in his own headspace too often. But also might be the brightest coach on staff.

8562857379_d74a8822b5_z.jpg

Gene Keady:

Former Purdue coach Keady to speak at chamber banquet | News ...

Keady disciple Kevin Stallings:

Pitt likely to hire Kevin Stallings

More proof that when assessing the Purdue coaching tree, Matt Painter has, BY FAR, the best hair.

image.jpeg