Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LamarCheeks

(2021) S Maurice Freeman to Indiana

17 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Check out his Hudl highlight. This is a violent football player. 

Not very often that you see high school players tackle the ball carrier along with anyone else in the general vicinity lol. He got stuck on an island against the option and just tackled the QB along with the RB.

56 minutes ago, maharkn said:

I would have thought he would have been a higher rated player after watching that

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Think this kid will end up being a Tiawan Mullen-type steal. Maybe not year 1 like Tiawan, but let’s just say I’m selfishly excited the VA HS football season got canceled so no one saw what they were missing. 

On 8/2/2020 at 4:23 PM, Hovadipo said:

Think this kid will end up being a Tiawan Mullen-type steal. Maybe not year 1 like Tiawan, but let’s just say I’m selfishly excited the VA HS football season got canceled so no one saw what they were missing. 

In spite of being a bit “hidden”, due to COVID cancellations, he had offers from VA Tech, Ole Miss, Michigan, Georgia Tech, and others....After years of seeing us beat out Central Michigan etc for recruits I’ll admit that I never thought I’d live to see IU land so many players with a number of similar (and better) offers. Very exciting.

On 8/2/2020 at 4:23 PM, Hovadipo said:

His high school is about 15 miles from where I live. They actually played in the spring. Won the state title. Except for a 7-point win in the state semifinals, they beat the snot out of everyone they played -- by at least six TDs each. 

55 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

His high school is about 15 miles from where I live. They actually played in the spring. Won the state title. Except for a 7-point win in the state semifinals, they beat the snot out of everyone they played -- by at least six TDs each. 

I’ll edit to say I’m selfishly excited the VA HS football season got postponed til post-Early Signing Period.

And I’m still as excited about Maurice as I was in August. The kid is violent. 

On 8/2/2020 at 1:23 PM, Hovadipo said:

The biggest attribute I noticed from his tape is his ability to wrap up. Laying the lumber like he can is nice but the way he finishes tackles is special