Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Can't watch him in any actual game action, but here's a 2 min. scrimmage video.  He's #5 in blue.

Don’t get me wrong, I really want Brown in Bloomington, but if you put that kid in a 5 out system he’s gonna kill people. That vision, that explosion, he’d be about unguardable.

Update on Brown who lists us as heavily involved in his recruitment.

https://stockrisers.com/s/299/four-star-junior-avery-brown-talks-recruitment-new-suitors

Wanted to also ask about Indiana, what is Archie Miller’s pitch?

“The Hoosiers' pitch to me is that they see me coming in and making an immediate impact as a freshman while playing at the biggest stage in college basketball. Getting to the NBA is what I’m going to do and Coach [Archie] Miller believes he can get me there. The school also has such a rich history.”

https://www.zagsblog.com/2021/02/18/avery-brown-reacts-to-ncaa-dead-period-extension-says-three-schools-working-hardest/

Indiana: “I talked to their coaching staff a lot of the time and I’ve been watching a lot of their games, following their journey in the Big 10 this year. They won some big games and competed with the best of them. It’s most definitely exciting when you see those schools who are heavily recruiting you and you watch them play. You watch their guards, how they move and you try to see yourself doing what they’re doing and even better. That’s how I’ve really been looking at it, watching them play and seeing where I would fit in their system under coach [Archie] Miller’s offense and the IU program.”

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

https://www.zagsblog.com/2021/02/18/avery-brown-reacts-to-ncaa-dead-period-extension-says-three-schools-working-hardest/

Indiana: “I talked to their coaching staff a lot of the time and I’ve been watching a lot of their games, following their journey in the Big 10 this year. They won some big games and competed with the best of them. It’s most definitely exciting when you see those schools who are heavily recruiting you and you watch them play. You watch their guards, how they move and you try to see yourself doing what they’re doing and even better. That’s how I’ve really been looking at it, watching them play and seeing where I would fit in their system under coach [Archie] Miller’s offense and the IU program.”

I want to post something but I'll refrain.  Glad he's watching and seeing himself making those plays.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Purely an FYI / FWIW --  Butler has offered '22 Rowan Brumbaugh a teammate of Brown's at Northfield Mount Hermon HS.

Sight unseen, a kid named Rowan Brumbaugh absolutely plays for Butler. 

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Haven't heard much about Brown these past few weeks until today.

Avery Brown ‘22 earns player of the game in the #NMH win at the #NEPSAC showcase this afternoon.  Avery went for 19 points (5-9 from 2, 3-5 from 3) 6 rebounds & 5 assists!

I always liked Brown and was hoping to get him but after Archie left I didn't think we would.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:02 PM, Uspshoosier said:

I remember reading about this kid and hoped he would choose IU. It was his motor and determination, along with his confidence, more than anything. 

Instead, he selected the hardest school in America to be enrolled at. With something like a 3% acceptance rate, he’s sure to find some good academics if that’s what he’s after, and he had to have a very high GPA to be accepted to begin with. I’ll root for him. 

21 hours ago, Demo said:

Talented kid. Gonna go out on a limb and predict he will be a highly sought after high major transfer in about 2 years.

Maybe it’s old fashioned thinking, but if you are going to enroll at an Ivy League school, it seems like a waste to transfer after two years.  If you are willing to devote that much extra work to academics, why miss out on the pay off by transferring to a typical state school before you get your degree?