Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Andrew Slater @Andrew__Slater

Avery Brown’22 @_averybrown3 of @PSACardinals & @NMHbasketball has earned an offer from Indiana University.

3-star Avery Brown a 6'3" guard who attends Northfield Mount Hermon HS in Northfield, MA.  Brown averaged 6.6 points, 4.1 assists and 1.1 steals per game for the 2019-20 season.  He broke the school’s single game assist record with 17 in a December contest.  Shot 39% on 3's.

Background Story

MaxPreps

24 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Andrew Slater @Andrew__Slater

Avery Brown’22 @_averybrown3 of @PSACardinals & @NMHbasketball has earned an offer from Indiana University.

3-star Avery Brown a 6'3" guard who attends Northfield Mount Hermon HS in Northfield, MA.  Brown averaged 6.6 points, 4.1 assists and 1.1 steals per game for the 2019-20 season.  He broke the school’s single game assist record with 17 in a December contest.  Shot 39% on 3's.

Background Story

MaxPreps

CAM seems to be doing due diligence on every PG under the sun in ‘22, but this is the only actual offer other than Thornton, correct?

A game of Brown’s from late Nov. Couple of things: 1) Brown doesn’t start. Plays behind a couple of Sr guards and doesn’t enter the game until 8 mins in. 2) The kid is highly projectable. Athletically, he looks a lot like Rudi Williams, the JC PG that CAM kicked the tires on. Great frame, great length, jet in the open floor, almost Landeresque in that respect. Physically, he’s on a different level than Smith or Walker. But he’s more raw at this point than those kids. 3) Was really looking pass first and to create for others. Not sure if that’s deferring to upperclassmen or that’s just his DNA. 4) He’s fun to watch and he’ll be fun to follow. 5) His school runs Beilein’s entire 2 guard offense. Pick any Michigan action you ever saw, and they ran it at least once. 

Fwiw

Rabjohns:  "I really fell in love with Indiana. Indiana is one of my favorites for sure." 4-star 2022 point guard Avery Brown (@_averybrown3) of @NMHbasketball discusses why he's so high on Indiana basketball and coach Archie Miller.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rabjohns:  "I really fell in love with Indiana. Indiana is one of my favorites for sure." 4-star 2022 point guard Avery Brown (@_averybrown3) of @NMHbasketball discusses why he's so high on Indiana basketball and coach Archie Miller.

I usually don’t buy it when a player says that kind of stuff, but his tweet announcing his offer had a picture of Isiah while at IU. Love it.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I read this article and came to share.  As usual, you've beaten us all to it...and a big thank you for always keeping people up to date and sharing.

As for this young man, without even seeing his game, he appears to have an extremely high confidence level, an above-average maturity, and he seems to be an impressive caliber person with a leader's mindset.  His ability to score as well as his motivation to distribute and defend is worth the effort to recruit him.  He and his family also seem quite impressed with Miller and Indiana thus far.  

28 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I freely admit to being fashion challenged. But that combo of pants and shoes is.....troubling.

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

I freely admit to being fashion challenged. But that combo of pants and shoes is.....troubling.

I will be old right there with you if that’s what cool is these days.  

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Loves Isiah, admires the candy stripes and uses “afar” in conversation. Love this kid. Sounds like an awfully promising recruitment, but will root like hell for him no matter where he ends up.

35 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Alec Lasley @allasley

2022 point guard Avery Brown will have a zoom call with Indiana on Wednesday, he told me.   #iubb Hoosiers prioritizing Brown and the point guard position in 2022.

Always less optimistic with an out of state player,  but feels like the chances for this one to happen are real.

Bossi with 10 players outside the Rivals150 that could make a jump.

3. Avery Brown 

Recruitment: Offers from Indiana, Missouri, Penn State, Saint Louis, St. John’s.

Why he could rise: There is a lot to like when it comes to a floor general like Brown. He’s got great size, is well put together and shows burst with his first step. He’s an alert passer, engaged defender and he can play as either a setup guy or a primary scorer. Guards with intelligence like he has aren’t always easy to find.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-best-players-outside-of-rivals150-classes-ready-to-rise