Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2020-2021 IUBB Schedule

43 minutes ago, Josh said:

EFFIN EFF EFF!!  IU plays in the state of Florida for the first time in the 16 years I've lived here and.....covid.  Damn you Covid

Easy Josh, easy.  No fans for games in SSAH.  No idea what Florida's State's position will be for the Dec. 9 game.

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Did they give him Pizza?  I need to know.  I NEED TO KNOW!!!!

"Never underestimate the power of pizza with flavored crust," the Pensacola Police Department wrote on Facebook, while adding officers “cannot comment on the rumors about pineapple being on said pizza - Operational Security and all that.” It was not immediately clear if responding officers even gave McLemore a slice"

Crime doesn't pay Brass. Crime doesn't pay.

52 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Easy Josh, easy.  No fans for games in SSAH.  No idea what Florida's State's position will be for the Dec. 9 game.

Well, if no fans are allowed in Tallahassee, look in the rafters.  I'm getting in dammit.  I am Florida Man!

51 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

"Never underestimate the power of pizza with flavored crust," the Pensacola Police Department wrote on Facebook, while adding officers “cannot comment on the rumors about pineapple being on said pizza - Operational Security and all that.” It was not immediately clear if responding officers even gave McLemore a slice"

Crime doesn't pay Brass. Crime doesn't pay.

That's not Florida though, it's Lower Alabama.

9 games (Illinois x2, Iowa x2, @ Wisconsin, Michigan State x2, Rutgers x2) against the projected top 5 of the conference with 5 being away games.  There are a lot of opportunities there to prove ourselves! Only 6 games (Northwestern x2, @Nebraska, vs. Penn State, vs. Minnesota, vs. Maryland) against the project bottom 5.  The 5 remaining games (Michigan x2, @O$U, purdoodoo x2) are against the teams immediately around IU in the projected rankings.

Interesting conference schedule!

18 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

9 games (Illinois x2, Iowa x2, @ Wisconsin, Michigan State x2, Rutgers x2) against the projected top 5 of the conference with 5 being away games.  There are a lot of opportunities there to prove ourselves! Only 6 games (Northwestern x2, @Nebraska, vs. Penn State, vs. Minnesota, vs. Maryland) against the project bottom 5.  The 5 remaining games (Michigan x2, @O$U, purdoodoo x2) are against the teams immediately around IU in the projected rankings.

Interesting conference schedule!

Yeah IU got a tough draw.

Counting the entire schedule, IU has 17 games against Kenpom preseason top 30 with possibility of 19 depending on Maui. That is insane. 

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

Counting the entire schedule, IU has 17 games against Kenpom preseason top 30 with possibility of 19 depending on Maui. That is insane. 

Kinda like Penn St., Um and MSU was supposed to be the ultimate B1G football gauntlet. Except Rutgers may currently be the best of that bunch.

So, ya never know.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Kinda like Penn St., Um and MSU was supposed to be the ultimate gauntlet. Except Rutgers may currently be the best of that bunch.

So, ya never know.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that scenario taking place. But I won't count on it. I do think there are some overrated teams in the top 30 (Ohio State and Minnesota) but odds are they will end up being the all in at least the top 50.

Plus Butler and Providence are 56 & 57. 

I like it. It’ll be easy to tell if we’re competing early and often. I understand the need for some cupcakes but this is what we need to see annually.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

29 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I like it. It’ll be easy to tell if we’re competing early and often. I understand the need for some cupcakes but this is what we need to see annually.

I mean I like that we are playing tough games and not many cupcakes. Definitely.

My issue is with the draw IU got in the BIG schedule. Illinois Big schedule is a joke, and so is Purdue's. On paper IU got shafted. If most of the projections are true, people will need to keep that in mind when all the games are played and IU finishes lower than some other teams. 

NOW the schedule is not a reason this IU team shouldn't be good or be able to beat anyone on a given night, more so that there will be a few more losses simply because IU had to play better teams. 

I mean I like that we are playing tough games and not many cupcakes. Definitely.
My issue is with the draw IU got in the BIG schedule. Illinois Big schedule is a joke, and so is Purdue's. On paper IU got shafted. If most of the projections are true, people will need to keep that in mind when all the games are played and IU finishes lower than some other teams. 
NOW the schedule is not a reason this IU team shouldn't be good or be able to beat anyone on a given night, more so that there will be a few more losses simply because IU had to play better teams. 

Agree, our single home games all are against the projected bottom of the Big Ten. That sucks but it also gives IU plenty of chances to improve their position in the standing. **** the Ill and purdoodoo

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

NOW the schedule is not a reason this IU team shouldn't be good or be able to beat anyone on a given night, more so that there will be a few more losses wins simply because IU had to play better teams. 

Sounds a lot better this way doncha think?

16 minutes ago, Class of said:
Sounds a lot better this way doncha think?

Maybe for you and me old fart.

But I don’t want to listen to the rest of IU fans who don’t look past the surface.

EDIT: After rereading your post, that does sound a whole lot better :)

On 11/17/2020 at 3:21 PM, Josh said:

EFFIN EFF EFF!!  IU plays in the state of Florida for the first time in the 16 years I've lived here and.....covid.  Damn you Covid

Calm down little feller.  Tickets are available! 

I just bought two, come tailgate on the 9th!!!  

I can't find a gametime yet, if somebody sees one will you please let me know?