Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Sports Only - PLEASE and THANK YOU

Sorry for venturing a little off topic here, but this isn’t political — meant to be informative as I expect this isn’t that uncommon in Indiana schools right now.  I was told by the head of HR in my district that typically we have a sub pool of 50 potential subs in our district to pull from.  This year we have 8.

42 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Sorry for venturing a little off topic here, but this isn’t political — meant to be informative as I expect this isn’t that uncommon in Indiana schools right now.  I was told by the head of HR in my district that typically we have a sub pool of 50 potential subs in our district to pull from.  This year we have 8.

I'll venture a little further.  Not at all surprising.  Lots of districts have the same issue with bus drivers many of whom simply didn't want the daily exposure with the kids and/or didn't want to have to have the added responsibility of playing "bad cop" and enforcing all the added health policies.  

And with that, we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'll venture a little further.  Not at all surprising.  Lots of districts have the same issue with bus drivers many of whom simply didn't want the daily exposure with the kids and/or didn't want to have to have the added responsibility of playing "bad cop" and enforcing all the added health policies.  

And with that, we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

In my cousins school district due to the bus driver shortage any kids within 2 miles of the school can’t ride the bus. She was less than pleased 

We are short in our district also. Schoolboard members are volunteering. Another district North of us is begging the community for help

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It’s so embarrassing that the Big Ten threw in the towel and yet other conferences with fewer resources are already playing. at least there’s some college football to watch. 

SMU and TCU just had to cancel a game at essentially the last minute. And it’s not going to be the last cancellation. Stop pretending like these conferences have somehow proved they made the correct decision 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

SMU and TCU just had to cancel a game at essentially the last minute. And it’s not going to be the last cancellation. Stop pretending like these conferences have somehow proved they made the correct decision 

I’m watching a Marshall football game with fans in attendance right now. Meanwhile, the Big Ten threw in the towel and didn’t even try. Will there be cancellations? Sure. The MLB has had cancellations too.  Yet they kept pushing forward. The Big Ten looks like a joke in the college sports world right now and you know that.

Refs using electric whistles in the SMU/Texas St game.

I will say that there is work to be done there as even in a near empty stadium they are hard to hear.  But it has potential if they can get one to produce a frequency distinguishable from crowd noise.

I did send the author an email if the myocarditis from Covid is worse than tge myocarditis that can result from other viruses including the flu

4 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Usain Bolt has tested positive for covid-19 according to the announcers of the most recent Diamond League Track and Field event

In his prime he was always socially distanced from the runners behind him.