Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Sports Only - PLEASE and THANK YOU

8 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Dan Patrick just tweeted this - “From source: If conference can pass updated safety measures and procedures, Big Ten targeting Oct. 10 to start football season.” 

A month ago the season was pushed until the spring with a start in Februaruy/March. Then it was no no it will be a winter season starting in January. Then it was sources saying it will start on Thanksgiving. Now October! Give it a few days and IU will be traveling to Madison to start their season by the end of this month haha

Edit: Although IIRC Dan Patrick was one of the very first to report the cancellation of the season so this probably has some legs. 

The Big 1G bet big on other conferences following suit and canceling. Now that they haven’t, they just look stupid. An FCS game has already been played so far. If the SEC/Big 12/ACC get in a game, I would bet money on the Big 1G starting its season too. 

Have to say their are fourteen other presidents that have more influence on that decision.

Taking a pot shot here at Trump? Sure sounds like it to me!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Don’t you think the president of IU or any other Big Ten uni has more influence on what the Big Ten does re: football than Trump?! I don’t really believe Trump has any control over it but the presidents who voted, will vote, on it have a lot more pull.

I honestly couldn’t care less atm. I feel like the people and organizations that can figure this out will survive and thrive while those who can’t, won’t.

(This is not a shot at anyone or any political party. The deaths of those to COVID are horrible. There is so much more at play here than just a pandemic that it would make for a great book in the Mitch Rapp or Pike Logan series. )

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Good thing the FBI didn’t get involved in college basketball!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They were dealing with illegal activities that happened to take in a sports setting. They weren’t investigating cheating they were investigating fraud which is a crime. 

Getting involved in the operational decisions is a lot different.