Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Sports Only - PLEASE and THANK YOU

41 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

The messenger is being shot in this case because he muffed the message. I mean when coaches, AD's, AND players are complaining about the lack of communication how is it not on partially on him?

Edit: I mean wouldn't those be people who DO understand how these decisions are made?

I'm not defending Warren.  It is his job to take the bullets.  But if he is being told to shut up by the schools, his hands are pretty much tied.

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Can anyone explain why the NBA is social distancing and wearing masks? They are in the safest environment in America and probably the world. COVID isn't just popping up like a ninja. 

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe simply to set a public example on television? Or are some in the bubble allowed to be out of the bubble at times?

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe simply to set a public example on television? Or are some in the bubble allowed to be out of the bubble at times?

If one leaves the bubble, they have to quarantine when they come back and be tested and all that. Seems to be just politics. There should be guys from other teams in the stands for a crowd at this point. They've went like 4weeks with no positives. The guy interviewing during games last night was a wearing a mask and social distancing while asking questions. You just look like a goober. They all look like goobers. 

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So strongly disagree. Setting a mature public example of good behavior IS NOT POLITICS.

It is leadership. It is common decency.

Those who do not set a mature public example of good behavior, especially those who have unlimited opportunities to do so, have a very hard time getting my respect. That applies to the NBA, to government, to business, and to relationships with families and friends. And if anyone here thinks that's a political argument? I've felt this way my entire adult life and it applies universally; it is how I was raised to evaluate people. If you think it's a shot at someone you support? That's on you.

No it's politics. You shouldn't wear a mask at all times. You don't need to social distance at all times. They are doing it for no reason. And considering how far down their ratings are, they aren't reaching very many people. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No it's politics. You shouldn't wear a mask at all times. You don't need to social distance at all times. They are doing it for no reason. And considering how far down their ratings are, they aren't reaching very many people. 

It's just virtue signaling.  The whole point of the bubble is to keep infections out.  People inside that bubble have nothing to transfer.  If there was truly a risk, then they should wear masks during the games.  

And I don't take my examples of good public behavior from professional athletes.  

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

My guess is simply the same reason people on boats keep lifeboats and life vests. 

Nothing is perfect.  The bubble can fail at anytime if one person sneaks in.  Without social distancing if one infected person sneaks in they could destroy the bubble. 

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

My guess is simply the same reason people on boats keep lifeboats and life vests. 

Nothing is perfect.  The bubble can fail at anytime if one person sneaks in.  Without social distancing if one infected person sneaks in they could destroy the bubble. 

So then why not wear mask during games? They are playing against each other, breathing and sweating all over each other and don't wear mask. Can you only transmit it playing ping pong or bowling? The NBA and Disney have that place on lockdown. No one is sneaking through. They test constantly too. 

26 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So then why not wear mask during games? They are playing against each other, breathing and sweating all over each other and don't wear mask. Can you only transmit it playing ping pong or bowling? The NBA and Disney have that place on lockdown. No one is sneaking through. They test constantly too. 

Just because you can’t reduce risk to 0. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t reduce risk 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Just because you can’t reduce risk to 0. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t reduce risk 

They've reduced the risk for basically everything down to 0. Only thing they can get is man made at this point. If anyone was going to be getting sick, they already would have been. By now, they should be more worried about food poisoning than COVID.  

19 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They've reduced the risk for basically everything down to 0. Only thing they can get is man made at this point. If anyone was going to be getting sick, they already would have been. By now, they should be more worried about food poisoning than COVID.  

I must have missed food poisoning cancelling every major sport in some capacity 

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Glad you brought this up and I strongly agree. I’ve taken digs at the NBA for becoming more entertainment than true sport but they got this absolutely right. My nephew knows he should be wearing his mask while out. His parents and those closest to him tell him this often. However, when he sees athletes that he looks up to doing it when they don’t necessarily have to it reenforces the point.

I can’t praise the NBA enough for how they’ve handled this and given us all entertainment!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That piece of underwear you wear on your face ain't doing sh1t to keep others or yourself from getting infected. But if it's what it takes to avoid another round of shutdowns then so be it. 

16 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

That piece of underwear you wear on your face ain't doing sh1t to keep others or yourself from getting infected. But if it's what it takes to avoid another round of shutdowns then so be it. 

Well no wonder you don't think masks are effective!

Is this you?   ;)

Unusual Masks People Are Using To Protect Themselves From COVID-19 ...

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

There is no risk of COVID in the NBA bubble. They have a higher risk of getting food poisoning. 

Do you think they are growing their own food and building their own supplies?  It’s definitely lower in the bubble, but like most of your arguments it’s not black and white, or no risk and huge risk.  Especially down in Florida.

6 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If one leaves the bubble, they have to quarantine when they come back and be tested and all that. Seems to be just politics. There should be guys from other teams in the stands for a crowd at this point. They've went like 4weeks with no positives. The guy interviewing during games last night was a wearing a mask and social distancing while asking questions. You just look like a goober. They all look like goobers. 

If those interviews are less than 15 min. they wouldn't even fall under the CDC definition of "close contact" for contact tracing.