Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Sports Only - PLEASE and THANK YOU

15 hours ago, 8bucks said:

A friend has a son playing at OSU. Here is a letter their parents sent out.

IMG_1725.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The country is split on what to do, and how to handle things, so it is not at all surprising that some/many player parents will be vocal about wanting their kids to play. It’s especially easy to see their perspective when you consider that most families with kids, talented enough to play at OSU, etc have had their family life largely revolve around football for years. The parents have been emotionally/financially/time invested with their kids games, practices, workouts, camps, recruiting etc etc so it can’t be easy to quietly stand on the side when they see other leagues planning on playing. 
This fall will be interesting. I hope for the best for those leagues that are planning on playing but who knows what is going to happen.....

This particular family is also well informed on the hospital impact of this virus. My friend is an executive in a hospital group and while their part of the country has been spared major impact they have access to health information to help make their decisions

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Take it for what it's worth.

Tim Brando @TimBrando 

What’s clear in the @bigten is division.  Commissioner Warren dodged every question & every follow up from @BTNDaveRevsine on his own Network.  The vote originally leaked as 12-2 to the media, was done so incorrectly.  It was 8-6, and it’s impossible politics didn’t play a role.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Tim Brando @TimBrando 

What’s clear in the @bigten is division.  Commissioner Warren dodged every question & every follow up from @BTNDaveRevsine on his own Network.  The vote originally leaked as 12-2 to the media, was done so incorrectly.  It was 8-6, and it’s impossible politics didn’t play a role.

Have to think all the big football powers were nos 

This is a game changer for sports. Cheap, fast saliva tests just got the ok from the FDA. It's hard to see the other conferences not going forward with their seasons at this point. Maybe the Big 10 will reconsider? Staying canceled will be a colossal failure if other conferences pull their seasons off. 

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/512243-fda-approves-saliva-based-coronavirus-test

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This is a game changer for sports. Cheap, fast saliva tests just got the ok from the FDA. It's hard to see the other conferences not going forward with their seasons at this point. Maybe the Big 10 will reconsider? Staying canceled will be a colossal failure if other conferences pull their seasons off. 

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/512243-fda-approves-saliva-based-coronavirus-test

Or on the flip side they will be the only football going on and get huge ratings 

19 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Or on the flip side they will be the only football going on and get huge ratings 

Do you mean in the event they play in the spring instead? I just really can’t see spring football working. I’ll be shocked if anyone is playing then. I think it’s either fall or nothing.

Welp, looks like its back to video games on ESPN. College sports wont be the same moving forward. I can honestly say Im weaned off sports. Dont really care if they come back and a lot of others feel the same. Saw the Bruiser headline to UK and it really didnt stir any emotion either way. Kudos to you guys keeping this place going with nothing happening college sports wise.

9 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Tim Brando @TimBrando 

"was done so incorrectly," lmao. How does that happen? 

12 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

College sports wont be the same moving forward. I can honestly say Im weaned off sports. Dont really care if they come back and a lot of others feel the same. Saw the Bruiser headline to UK and it really didnt stir any emotion either way.

Thank you for this, because honestly I am feeling exactly the same, whether they end up playing or not.

Part of the season for me is every year in late November we go up to Bloomington for my birthday, go to Nick’s, walk campus, and see a game. It’s never going to be the same, and I’m not excited about it at all.

21 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Tim Brando @TimBrando 

The leadership of the Big Ten conference is an incredible joke.  Commissioner Warren is as far over his head and out of his element as a man can be.   The Big Ten's in trouble.

3 hours ago, Old Friend said:

The leadership of the Big Ten conference is an incredible joke.  Commissioner Warren is as far over his head and out of his element as a man can be.   The Big Ten's in trouble.

And apparently now there are questions as to whether or not a vote to cancel the fall football season was even held.

I'd link Nicole Auerbach's twitter if I knew how, but evidently there are a few ADs/college presidents who don't know if a vote even took place.

Adding that to the non-answers from Warren, and things are starting to look rather peculiar.

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

And apparently now there are questions as to whether or not a vote to cancel the fall football season was even held.

I'd link Nicole Auerbach's twitter if I knew how, but evidently there are a few ADs/college presidents who don't know if a vote even took place.

Adding that to the non-answers from Warren, and things are starting to look rather peculiar.

Nicole Auerbach @NicoleAuerbach

PSU AD Sandy Barbour:  "It is unclear to me whether or not there was a vote. Nobody has ever told me there was. I don't know whether there actually was a vote by the chancellors and presidents."

Jeff Wald @JeffWaldFox9

University of Minnesota President Joan Gabel said last week she wouldn't call it a vote per se.  She called it, "a deliberative process where we came to a decision together" and supported the decision to postpone the season.