Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Sports Only - PLEASE and THANK YOU

8 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

It’s sucks, but can’t say I am surprised.  I am just disappointed that it is ok for 40,000 people to be on campus, but not ok for 150 or so people with players and staff in a semi controlled environment.

Doesn't make sense that way.  With the possible heart issues this is causing they just don't want the liability, nothing to do with the health of players.

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Well I am guessing if they start going by calendar year that’s going to mean no basketball before January.  ****!

Basketball conferences should just start working on plans for bubbles. 

Then maybe a 16 team Tourney bubble. Would only have to maintain it for 11 days 

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Basketball conferences should just start working on plans for bubbles. 

Then maybe a 16 team Tourney bubble. Would only have to maintain it for 11 days 

Can they do that if they don’t provide the same bubble for women’s sports too?  I just don’t see them putting that level of money into this with how much they are losing out on.  

23 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Can they do that if they don’t provide the same bubble for women’s sports too?  I just don’t see them putting that level of money into this with how much they are losing out on.  

Bubble together?  

Saint Joseph’s abandoned university would be a great site imo. Enough housing, food courts. A few gyms and most importantly a basketball court 

Watched the majority of Kevin Warren’s press conference with BTN. Gotta say I was really disappointed. He dodged all of the questions and used boilerplate language “it’s about the players safety and always has been” over and over.

Certainly disagree with the decision, but his answers have me even more disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm going to ask this again, would people be this upset if all Fall Sports but football was canceled? It shouldn't matter if it is a "cash cow". If one goes they all go.

They canceled the other cash cow in March and it looks like they will with at least the non conference portion of the season. I don't/didn't like it then or now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk