Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coronavirus and Sports Only - PLEASE and THANK YOU

15 hours ago, jbell833 said:

I saw Sam Story posted that unfortunately the bigger college football news will be coming out in 3-4 weeks according to a source. I know he’s not always reliable, but if I had to guess I’d assume that news is going to be all bowl games will be canceled this year, assuming there is a season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I just don’t see us having much of a sports season at all in any sport this year.  I don’t see when basketball starts many of our cupcakes will travel.  B1G/ACC and other games where there is travel in any direction will probably not happen.  It sucks, but if I am not making money in college I am not risking that.  

I just don’t see us having much of a sports season at all in any sport this year.  I don’t see when basketball starts many of our cupcakes will travel.  B1G/ACC and other games where there is travel in any direction will probably not happen.  It sucks, but if I am not making money in college I am not risking that.  

If your wiener hurts is that a symptom ? Just asking!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Napleshoosier said:

If your wiener hurts is that a symptom ? Just asking! emoji6.png

Ha you might want to get a cream for that one man.  Maybe an antibiotic as well.  But if they take your temp just make sure it’s not a doctor that would work at MSU or OSU.  

Ha you might want to get a cream for that one man.  Maybe an antibiotic as well.  But if they take your temp just make sure it’s not a doctor that would work at MSU or OSU.  

PU doc was trying to tell me I needed a colorectal exam. Told him I had one but

Washington Township (Marion Co) school board has voted to start semester with virtual classes (July 30) and reexamine at later date of school can go live. Regarding athletics, including North Central, all activities are suspended until further notice.

OF side note:  Wonder if such decisions will lead to a rash of kids transferring to a district where they can play sports.

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Washington Township (Marion Co) school board has voted to start semester with virtual classes (July 30) and reexamine at later date of school can go live. Regarding athletics, including North Central, all activities are suspended until further notice.

OF side note:  Wonder if such decisions will lead to a rash of kids transferring to a district where they can play sports.

My guess is others will be following suit here shortly 

Lots of kids will be left behind.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I would agree with you, but I wonder what that waiver process would be like at this point.  Hopefully they work with the kids as much as possible.

Patriot League calls off fall sports.

- Recognizing the global COVID-19 pandemic continues to present significant challenges to our campuses and communities, the Patriot League Council of Presidents announces the following decisions regarding Patriot League competition:

Patriot League teams will not engage in competition in the fall season (championship and non-championship);

Decisions surrounding winter and spring sport competition will be made at a later date; and,

The opportunity for conditioning, strength training and other practice opportunities in all sports will be permitted provided health and safety conditions support such activities.

Because the United States Military Academy and the United States Naval Academy are unique in their environments and their missions within higher education, the Council of Presidents agree that the academies may continue to engage in competitive opportunities as considered appropriate by their respective Superintendents.

Fall Sports are going to be gone. Sucks for our soccer team.  Wonder if there’s any chance they can delay it till spring 

You would think they have some time to start looking into a shortened spring season. Perhaps a cup style tournament where you win your bracket and advance

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

You would think they have some time to start looking into a shortened spring season. Perhaps a cup style tournament where you win your bracket and advance

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Have conferences arrange pool based tourneys. So that teams play 5 or 6 games.  And then just gave the postseason. Start in April and finish up in May.