Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PG Braden Smith to Purdue

Just now, ap2345 said:

Moving the Braden Smith stuff over here but he plays for Grand Park Premier and not Indiana Elite. 

We know that. I am thinking IE is going to try their hardest to get him though and Chris seemed to think so, as well. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We know that. I am thinking IE is going to try their hardest to get him though and Chris seemed to think so, as well. 

That makes sense. I misunderstood that. His current GPP coach might have an issue with that though. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I thought you were going to say that. Then yes he needs to get to IE, college coaches don't want to see you play for your dad. 

I don't disagree I just know that's the situation and I don't see it changing at this point. That said they don't have a schedule or roster posted on their website yet so maybe there's some stuff going on behind the scenes. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

I don't disagree I just know that's the situation and I don't see it changing at this point. That said they don't have a schedule or roster posted on their website yet so maybe there's some stuff going on behind the scenes. 

The coach who spoke to me runs IE so I just took it that they were going to get him on their team. But maybe he was just being nice since his HS team had just played theirs. But he said IU needed him 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The coach who spoke to me runs IE so I just took it that they were going to get him on their team. But maybe he was just being nice since his HS team had just played theirs. But he said IU needed him 

So Criss Beyers? Smith lit them up for 30 points, 9 assists, and 8 rebounds.

His dad is the Program Director for GPP as well as coach of the 2022 UA Circuit team. Extremely unlikely that he will play for any other team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

So Criss Beyers? Smith lit them up for 30 points, 9 assists, and 8 rebounds.

He said he was the best player in the state and couldn't believe he had no offers. Said it should be an easy get for IU

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

He said he was the best player in the state and couldn't believe he had no offers. Said it should be an easy get for IU

I feel like if scouting and recruiting was normal over the last year he would be much higher on the boards of some schools. I know that we don't currently have an answer for him. 

1 hour ago, IUMD98 said:

His dad is the Program Director for GPP as well as coach of the 2022 UA Circuit team. Extremely unlikely that he will play for any other team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPP vs IE.. regardless of your dad or not.. I mean shew

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

GPP vs IE.. regardless of your dad or not.. I mean shew

GPP is the Under Armour program for the state and they mostly practice and stuff at the Pacers Athletic Center at Grand Park in Westfield. They will play in all the big Under Armour events so it's not as big of a drop off as you'd expect. Now the one big difference is the history and alumni of the program. Braden will get plenty of attention at the Under Armour events as long as coaches are allowed to attend which the way the NCAA is working they probably won't.  

25 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

GPP is the Under Armour program for the state and they mostly practice and stuff at the Pacers Athletic Center at Grand Park in Westfield. They will play in all the big Under Armour events so it's not as big of a drop off as you'd expect. Now the one big difference is the history and alumni of the program. Braden will get plenty of attention at the Under Armour events as long as coaches are allowed to attend which the way the NCAA is working they probably won't.  

I know buddy! I like the idea of Braden playing for an Adidas AAU program ;)

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I know buddy! I like the idea of Braden playing for an Adidas AAU program ;)

The shoe company AAU team won't matter. I've heard that if IU offers it's almost certain he's going to IU. 

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

The shoe company AAU team won't matter. I've heard that if IU offers it's almost certain he's going to IU. 

Maybe not with him.. it for sure matters in general though. 

He should be priority #1