Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PG Braden Smith to Purdue

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

The Daily Hoosier just did a podcast interview with Braden Smith:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/listen-iu-basketball-2022-in-state-recruiting-target-braden-smith-on-the-hoosier-experience-podcast/

The highlight?

The Daily Hoosier: "You've only got the one offer right now, but you've got a ton of interest... I've read that you have interest from a ton of schools including IU, Purdue, Belmont, and a bunch of other higher tier major programs. Which programs have stuck out to you so far in terms of the interest you've received?"

Braden Smith:  "(pauses) IU. (pauses) Really. (pauses) Yes. Coach Walsh, Coach Flint, Coach Ostrom. I mean, I just got a call from Coach Miller, last week, I think. He just called and said, hey; I was thinking about you (Stuhoo aside -- insert Tom Crean joke here)...They show interest. They show they care. They show that I matter to them. So, that helps a lot."

TDH: "...we would love to see you in the Cream and Crimson."

Braden Smith:  "(nervously laughs)...yes."

Watched some film on this kid today ...absolutely love everything about him 

Had a chance to watch Smith play an entire game with Westfield defeating Hamilton Southeastern 77-68.  He is fun to watch.  Outstanding court vision and you better be ready for his passes or you'll end up with jammed or broken fingers.  He doesn't throw lollipops.

He finished with 25 pts.  He was 5-7 on 2s; 3-6 on 3s; 6-6 FT making 5 of them in the 4th Q.  He also had 2 reb; 5 assts; 3 stls; 2 TO.  The announcers said he's hitting 44% of his 3s this season.  

31 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Had a chance to watch Smith play an entire game with Westfield defeating Hamilton Southeastern 77-68.  He is fun to watch.  Outstanding court vision and you better be ready for his passes or you'll end up with jammed or broken fingers.  He doesn't throw lollipops.

He finished with 25 pts.  He was 5-7 on 2s; 3-6 on 3s; 6-6 FT making 5 of them in the 4th Q.  He also had 2 reb; 5 assts; 3 stls; 2 TO.  The announcers said he's hitting 44% of his 3s this season.  

That’s pretty freakin impressive.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Ummm...holy sh!t can we get to getting to business here?!?

Kid is turning into Hulls before our eyes, and IU has always been his dream school.

As old fart will tell you, I had a state champion basketball coach tell me that IU and every other high major should be on this kid about 3 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

As old fart will tell you, I had a state champion basketball coach tell me that IU and every other high major should be on this kid about 3 weeks ago.

Yup!  I'm mystified as to why prior to this weekend he didn't have a better offer list.  He pretty much does it all for Westfield and has great court vision. He's fun to watch on the court.  Maybe a year ago, his height, or lack thereof, was raised as a concern but surely that can't be the only reason he hasn't had more offers.  And he can dunk.  Is he an off-the-court problem child?  Academics?   @Uspshoosier do you have any insight why he hasn't been recruited more heavily? 

Quick summary.  In 23 games this season he's averaging 22.0 ppg; 5.4 rpg; 6.2 apg; 2.7 stls; .6 blks.  He's 55% FG; 45% on 3s; 83% FT.   He has a 2.3 assist/TO ratio.   

There are tons of people, fans and talent evaluators alike, who don’t understand why this kid doesn’t have an offer. I typically reserve my thoughts until after I’ve watched kids at AAU, but even still I’d love this kid to get an offer. Doesn’t hurt that he’s like 3 miles from my house. Attitude, leadership, court vision, next level skills. Get him here. 

There are tons of people, fans and talent evaluators alike, who don’t understand why this kid doesn’t have an offer. I typically reserve my thoughts until after I’ve watched kids at AAU, but even still I’d love this kid to get an offer. Doesn’t hurt that he’s like 3 miles from my house. Attitude, leadership, court vision, next level skills. Get him here. 

Archie puts way to much emphasis on Defense and not enough on shooting, and thats why he’s in the position he’s in. He’s doesn’t think smith can guard at a big ten level.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Archie puts way to much emphasis on Defense and not enough on shooting, and thats why he’s in the position he’s in. He’s doesn’t think smith can guard at a big ten level.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Crean thought the same of Kyle Guy, didn’t turn out well for him either.