Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PG Braden Smith to Purdue

Would love to have him. It will be interesting to see how CMW and staff evaluate kids and who they settle on. Woodson seems considerably more open minded in his approach to, well everything. I like everything I've heard him say. Hopefully he'll look at how a kid can help the team and not just how they fit into a system.

Mike Schumann of TheDailyHoosier - 

Also watched 2022 PG Braden Smith (Westfield, Ind.) today at PAC.  Has the great vision and shooting ability he's known for, but he has made clear strides with his speed, athleticism and strength, and he is a legit 6-foot now.

Sorry Stu.  Your favorite may need to prove himself in college and then jump in the portal before any high majors start showing true interest.

Kyle Neddenriep @KyleNeddenriep

Westfield guard Braden Smith has a zoom scheduled with Appalachian State tonight. Has offers from App State, Belmont, Montana, Toledo, IUPUI and interest from a number of others.

36 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sorry Stu.  Your favorite may need to prove himself in college and then jump in the portal before any high majors start showing true interest.

Westfield guard Braden Smith has a zoom scheduled with Appalachian State tonight. Has offers from App State, Belmont, Montana, Toledo, IUPUI and interest from a number of others.

I suspect he'll get some bigger offers in June after the dead period ends and the big Under Armour events get started. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm more of an Avery Brown guy myself.

Smith apparently still on the IU radar.

Since Mike Woodson was hired, Smith has continued to hear from IU on a regular basis, and more than was the case under Miller.  But still, the Hoosiers and other high major programs have yet to offer the 6-foot point guard.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/point-guard-braden-smith-hearing-from-iu-and-other-high-majors-as-he-begins-big-spring-and-summer/

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Smith apparently still on the IU radar.

Since Mike Woodson was hired, Smith has continued to hear from IU on a regular basis, and more than was the case under Miller.  But still, the Hoosiers and other high major programs have yet to offer the 6-foot point guard.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/point-guard-braden-smith-hearing-from-iu-and-other-high-majors-as-he-begins-big-spring-and-summer/

#1 on my wish list 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If we strike out on the other guards we’re recruiting then ok, but I hope he’s not our top priority. 

He should at or near the top of our priority list. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He should be. 

I want Woody bringing in top 25, top 50, type guards. Not unranked 3 star guards. We already have two guys in Leal and Galloway at guard who won’t really be getting minutes. If we’re bringing in more guards I want instant impact guys. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I want Woody bringing in top 25, top 50, type guards. Not unranked 3 star guards. 

Idc what they're ranked. I want to win. Braden Smith will be a huge part of us winning.

https://247sports.com/Player/Xavier-Johnson-45573253/high-school-182479/

https://247sports.com/Player/Braden-Smith-46099843/

Ranked like the exact same. Smith rated 237, Johnson rated 221 and 232. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Idc what they're ranked. I want to win. Braden Smith will be a huge part of us winning.

https://247sports.com/Player/Xavier-Johnson-45573253/high-school-182479/

https://247sports.com/Player/Braden-Smith-46099843/

Ranked like the exact same. Smith rated 237, Johnson rated 221 and 232. 

Except Xavier Johnson has played three years of ACC basketball and scored over a thousand points while Braden Smith is a high school junior. We probably wouldn’t have recruited Johnson out of high school either. If Smith comes to college and plays well there’s nothing stopping him from transferring to IU and playing immediately. We just disagree, I don’t think he should be at the top of our priority list. I’d rather get Seth Trimble. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Except Xavier Johnson has played three years of ACC basketball and scored over a thousand points while Braden Smith is a high school junior. We probably wouldn’t have recruited Johnson out of high school either. If Smith comes to college and plays well there’s nothing stopping him from transferring to IU and playing immediately. We just disagree, I don’t think he should be at the top of our priority list. I’d rather get Seth Trimble. 

Have you watched any full length games of Trimble? 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Have you watched any full length games of Trimble? 

Nope. But people who have, have him as a top 80 recruit. He has B1G size and athleticism. He’s an explosive leaper. And he also has a much better offer list than Braden Smith