Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Stew Robinson and Coach Knight

24 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That is a great read.  I forgot that too.

Really nice story. It referenced the Madison Heights pipeline to IU. 

I remember hearing that for whatever reason, Norm Held did not like Knight, and wouldn't send any kids to IU. Although I'm not sure how many kids Held coached that were major college material -- other than Troy Lewis and maybe Kojak Fuller and Andre Morgan. 

Don't know if that's true or not -- Held disliking Knight --  however. 

8 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I remember hearing that for whatever reason, Norm Held did not like Knight, and wouldn't send any kids to IU. Although I'm not sure how many kids Held coached that were major college material -- other than Troy Lewis and maybe Kojak Fuller and Andre Morgan. 

What does Norm Held have to do with Stew Robinson/Madison Heights?

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

What does Norm Held have to do with Stew Robinson/Madison Heights?

The story referenced Madison Heights High School -- and how a handful of players went to IU. That school was in Anderson, where Norm Held coached for years.  

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

The story referenced Madison Heights High School -- and how a handful of players went to IU. That school was in Anderson, where Norm Held coached for years.  

Phil Buck coached Anderson Madison Heights.

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

Phil Buck coached Anderson Madison Heights.

Yes. I realize that. The story talked about a Madison Heights to IU pipeline. Held coached at Anderson High -- in the same town as Madison Heights. I heard that for some reason -- don't know if it's true or not -- that Held had a beef with Knight and didn't want kids from Anderson High to go to IU. 

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Yes. I realize that. The story talked about a Madison Heights to IU pipeline. Held coached at Anderson High -- in the same town as Madison Heights. I heard that for some reason -- don't know if it's true or not -- that Held had a beef with Knight and didn't want kids from Anderson High to go to IU. 

Gotcha...I never heard of any beef from Norm.  But as you pointed out, I only know of 3 D1 prospects from the Indians.

23 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Thanks for sharing!

So while we're talking about Stew Robinson, this was just tweeted out by Indiana Elite AAU

We will be introducing Indiana Elite 2023 next up we have Amire Robinson (6’3) out of Copley High School.  Amire is a very versatile wing who will bring a lot to the Elite Family this summer. Can’t wait to see Amire compete this year!

NOTE:  Copley HS is located in Summit Co., OH and actually has an Akron, OH mailing address.  Copley High School is a public high school in Copley Township, just west of Akron, Ohio, United States. It is the only high school in the Copley–Fairlawn City School District and competes athletically in the American Division of the Suburban League. 

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

So while we're talking about Stew Robinson, this was just tweeted out by Indiana Elite AAU

We will be introducing Indiana Elite 2023 next up we have Amire Robinson (6’3) out of Copley High School.  Amire is a very versatile wing who will bring a lot to the Elite Family this summer. Can’t wait to see Amire compete this year!

NOTE:  Copley HS is located in Summit Co., OH and actually has an Akron, OH mailing address.  Copley High School is a public high school in Copley Township, just west of Akron, Ohio, United States. It is the only high school in the Copley–Fairlawn City School District and competes athletically in the American Division of the Suburban League. 

https://www.ysusports.com/sports/mbkb/coaches/stew_robinson?view=bio

20 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Knight took Brooks since he had Alford and Lewis became a better player. The Anderson sectionals were absolute magic with tickets getting scalped at a 10,000 seat gym. Held should have one a couple state championships. I never heard of the dislike between Held and Knight though other than Knight signed Madison Heights players. IU player Winston Morgan was on Stew’s high school team along with IL St sharp shooter Brad Duncan.