Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Seeing Duncomb hit FT's reliably really makes me happy.  Also, I thought Wesley played the best on his team in the first half (with nice quickness too).

I liked Meechie Johnson more in that game. Wesley was a close second. Furst wasn’t his normal. Goode was just a guy missing shots. Hickman looked better. That’s also why you scout over multiple games. Re:Crean.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Fair point. Let’s just hope that this was all due to Duncomb developing and he will be ready Day 1 to step into TJDs shoes 

I’d prefer to hope that Duncomb continues to develop and is the best freshman big in the Big Ten as he learns for a year under TJD.. That’s the kind of talent we need to stack to compete for the Big Ten and on a national level.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I’d prefer to hope that Duncomb continues to develop and is the best freshman big in the Big Ten as he learns for a year under TJD.. That’s the kind of talent we need to stack to compete for the Big Ten and on a national level.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I hope so too. There’s level of tiers to my hope though.  

Nike and Adidas dominate the AAU circuit with Under Armour having held down a distant third place.  Beyond those 3, it's been pretty fragmented.  Today it was announced that 3 of this latter group are combining their efforts and forming the Grassroots Basketball Association.  

The three biggest independent travel basketball organizations have partnered to create the largest and most impactful platform in the country. NY2LA Sports, Hoop Group and HoopSeen will all be a part of The Grassroots Basketball Association in 2021. 

The need to have the best platform possible for college-bound student-athletes has been forefront in each organization’s mission. The three groups work year-round to create opportunities that best connect grassroots programs with the college coaches. By joining together the three groups will create an unparalleled stage for independent programs at a national level. 

Each organization will continue to host their respective travel circuits as divisions of The Grassroots Basketball Association  (NY2LA Basketball Association, Hoop Group Showcase League and HoopSeen Association).  Participating teams will have opportunities to compete against some of the best teams from other regions of the country at joint circuit stops as well as the potential to be seen and promoted by three of the most influential voices in grassroots hoops.

Teams from each circuit will come together to compete for a national title at The Grassroots Basketball Summer Championships. This finale to the travel season will be held under one roof at the Orlando Convention Center at the end of the summer. 

By creating The Grassroots Basketball Association, the groups involved hope to create a more cohesive solution for independent teams and college coaches to maximize their travel basketball season.