Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2021) - PF James Graham III to Maryland

IU offered today.  Graham is a 6'8" PF attending Nicolet HS in Milwaukee, WI.   Graham shot 61 percent from 2-point range and 44 percent from three-point range.  And that latter number was no fluke.  Graham had more than five attempts from deep per game as a junior.

TheDailyHoosier

Rivals

MaxPreps

IU offered today.  Graham is a 6'8" PF attending Nicolet HS in Milwaukee, WI.   Graham shot 61 percent from 2-point range and 44 percent from three-point range.  And that latter number was no fluke.  Graham had more than five attempts from deep per game as a junior.

TheDailyHoosier

Rivals

MaxPreps

I read somewhere he has made a huge jump in rankings. If I recall about 16 high major schools have offered including Sparty

Edit- 16 high major was wrong, although Sparty, Michigan, FSU and a few others have offered

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Does anyone have any insight to this kid's ability? I watched the videos and nothing really stuck out. Yet he is ranked in the top 75? 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f_YtT6vbs6k

This is the only full game of Graham’s I’ve been able to find. State tournament game from March against, swear to God, Beaver Dam HS. Tallest kid on Beaver Dam is 6’1”. Between Graham and Jalen Johnson(6’9” kid going to Duke) it’s every bit the beating you’d expect. So not super instructive, but there are a couple of things: 1) was 4-5 from 3. Kid has a great stroke. So clean and simple I doubt he ever slumps. If you’re gonna have an elite skill, he’s got the best one. 2) His athleticism has a long way to go. He doesn’t run that well. He really has to gather to elevate. And the one that really bothers me is that he doesn’t change directions smoothly. At all. 3) I’m extrapolating too much from 1 viewing against a bad team, but he strikes me as a combo forward, but not in the best way. Not big or strong enough to play on the interior and maybe not athletic enough to defend on the perimeter. But, hey, shooters are shooters.

Definitely going to try to find more game video.

Anybody else get CWat vibes from those few highlights?

Didn’t watch the highlight but from Demo’s analysis CWat was the player that came to mind. You can run that type of 4 in today’s game but I would like to see some improvement with his athleticism.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

From Alex Bozich

“They fit all the boxes in terms of having players like me who put in the work and then end up getting drafted,” Graham told Inside the Hall. “They need a big wing to help fill that void.”

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/07/13/talented-2021-forward-james-graham-talks-recruitment-iu-offer/?fbclid=IwAR06MfJNsAjNisrU5RqsQ6M-3cC3UZSYSEYrqordtZ8ONW_iWVXQfRQGONg

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

You're underselling this article IMO!

Some good stuff in there -- the young man has some things about his game that are making EVERYONE want him, and he says he's committing relatively soon.

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Some good stuff in there -- the young man has some things about his game that are making EVERYONE want him, and he says he's committing relatively soon.

Man, I have got to find more games of this kid. Went back and re-watched the 1 game I had found and ended up in the same place. Like his skill level, but not his traits. Cal has taken some slightly lower rated kids occasionally. He took Cam'ron Fletcher in '19 who I've seen a lot and he's a really talented kid but zero chance he's a 1 year guy.But most of them have been high ceiling kids and I'm not sure this kid is. I don't think he's close to Kaufman. But Pearl likes athletes too, and he offered him. Trying to figure out what I missed. Yeah, gotta find more games.

On 7/16/2020 at 10:26 AM, Stuhoo said:

Well, he didn't commit today but did announce his top 9 and we ain't one of the 9.