Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RatpigHoosier

IU Inspired Pet Names

As my Father’s Day gift I was told that I will be getting a black lab puppy that may or may not be born yet. Arguments about what to name him has already started. Anybody have any ideas about a Hoosier inspired name? I tried “Hoosier” and it was not received the greatest. “Calbert” also wasn’t liked and I doubt “Uwe” or “Blab” will be accepted.....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, RatpigHoosier said:

As my Father’s Day gift I was told that I will be getting a black lab puppy that may or may not be born yet. Arguments about what to name him has already started. Anybody have any ideas about a Hoosier inspired name? I tried “Hoosier” and it was not received the greatest. “Calbert” also wasn’t liked and I doubt “Uwe” or “Blab” will be accepted.....

I’m thinking “Bawa” or “Mujezinovich” are excellent names for a dog.

19 hours ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Some possibilities ...

Male: Schwarber, Archie, Yeagley, Tolbert, Damon, Hobie, Doc, Buckner, A.T. 
Female: Lilly, Tyra, Talia or Tally (after George Taliaferro, who's a boy, but it could be a girl's name) 
Male or female: Morgan, Bailey

On 6/21/2020 at 2:48 PM, RatpigHoosier said:

I think Uwe would be a great dog name. Jurkin probably won't cut it...

I had a black lab years ago that I named Sabo, after the Reds third baseman at the time.

On 6/21/2020 at 3:00 PM, Drew L said:

We have a dog named Yogi. Crimson collar to go along with it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Is there an "AFLAC" commercial in it?

Ox

Glory
Indiana, Our Indiana
Indiana, we're all for you
We will fight for
the Cream and Crimson
For the glory of old IU
Never daunted, we cannot falter
In the battle, we're tried and true
Indiana, Our Indiana
Indiana, we're all for you!

Slick
Bobby "Slick" Leonard

Branch
Emmit B. "Branch" McCracken

Ginnis
George McGinnis

Dipo
Victor Oladipo

These are some solid choices! Unfortunately I’ve been outvoted, even though the pup was my gift. His name shall be “Leo” because my daughter said so....of course backed up by my wife.
The next one’s name will be “Jadlow” for sure!!!!

25 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

These are some solid choices! Unfortunately I’ve been outvoted, even though the pup was my gift. His name shall be “Leo” because my daughter said so....of course backed up by my wife.

LOL! 

Well, Charley Leo was an offensive guard back in the early 60s that played for the Pats and Bills during the AFL days.  He was a 1st team All-AFL in '61.  

There's also a composer named Leonard Slatkin that studied at IU, so there's that.  

1 hour ago, RatpigHoosier said:

LEO is Coach Allen's mantra for Love Each Other!

Dang! We are everywhere. Now I can tell other people “I’m such a fan that I named my dog after an offensive lineman from the 60s or our football coach’s motto! What have YOU done?”

33 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Dang! We are everywhere. Now I can tell other people “I’m such a fan that I named my dog after an offensive lineman from the 60s or our football coach’s motto! What have YOU done?”

Did you consider naming your new dog "Ratpig?"