Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF A. J. Casey to Miami

* On Indiana – “I’ve was in contact with (assistant Kenya) Hunter. I have not talked with the new head coach (Mike Woodson) yet, but I stay in touch with them.”

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Illinois-basketball-high-school-forward-AJ-Casey-ranked-among-nations-top-25-prospects-for-2022-class-164646091/

IU maintaining contact but doesn't sound like we're really making him a high priority.

The 6-foot-8 Casey hasn’t connected with new head Indiana coach Mike Woodson yet, but he is hearing from IU on a fairly regular basis.  “Coach Hunter, he hits me up every now and then.  They are definitely staying in contact with me,” Casey told The Daily Hoosier of his recent dialogue with IU.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/2022-top-25-forward-a-j-casey-continues-to-hear-from-indiana-as-he-turns-focus-to-aau-and-visits/

Illinois Hoops Prospects - Casey gave Meanstreets a much-needed scoring punch in the first half.  He had a couple of athletic drives to the rim and knocked down a corner three.  There were multiple occasions where his length affected shots in the paint and he was able to high point rebounds.  In the second half he wasn’t able to get anything easy.  It’s hard to quantify the different skills that he brings to the table, but Casey showed glimpses of his ability to do everything.  Every Power-5 school knows about him at this point.