Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Indiana MBB 20-21 Rotation Discussion

so ... for you, anything that doesn’t include Joey Brunk.
Got it.

Correct. He shouldn’t be starting unless TJD has a season ending injury. And he should never be on the floor at the same time. He should be a 10 minute a game guy. Just giving TJD a break.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I want to see some 3 guard lineups this season for certain.

I normally like to go big but when Smith, Race, TJD, Brunk have virtually no outside shot things get incredibly clogged.

Hoping Smith becomes a shooter would solve a lot. Playing Hunter over Smith could be a good option.

Definitely want to see Al, Rob, Lander, (Race/Hunter/Smith) TJD to see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I want to see some 3 guard lineups this season for certain.

I normally like to go big but when Smith, Race, TJD, Brunk have virtually no outside shot things get incredibly clogged.

Hoping Smith becomes a shooter would solve a lot. Playing Hunter over Smith could be a good option.

Definitely want to see Al, Rob, Lander, (Race/Hunter/Smith) TJD to see how it goes.

We don’t even need a three guard lineup. Hunter has plenty of skill to play and defend the three. If Geronimo can give decent freshman minutes that would solidify the 3. Smith shouldn’t be playing on the wing until he can consistently hit from outside of the lane. Man, he can be so good just being a junkyard dog 4 if Hunter can play like he did towards the end of the season and TJD can play the 5.

31 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Give me Rob, Lander, Hunter, TJD & Race all day long

This is the lineup I've wanted for three months. The seniors will get minutes, but I really like this lineup. 

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

About as much as a snowball's chance in hell.  Brunk comes off the bench barring injuries.

snowball's chance in hell - Overbooked and Underpaid: Notes from a ...

Great kid, but his numbers are going to drop. He was at 20 this year. I think it'll be around 12-15 next year. I think it'll be Lander, Phinisee, Al, Justin, TJD. 

Also, looking at this lineup, you'd have Brunk, Thompson, Franklin, Hunter as your subs. That leaves Geronimo, Leal, Galloway. I don't see this team going more than ten deep. Question is, do you redshirt one of the freshman? I think the answer is yes. 

Rob / Franklin / Al / Smith / TJD

Landon / Leal / Hunter / Thompson / Brunk

Obviously the second unit shouldn’t play together, rotate them in. I like the starting unit as they grow a year older together. Could also experiment with Rob / Al / Smith / Race / TJD

Durham

Lander

Phinisee or Hunter

Smith

Jackson-Davis

I think those are the guys who are going to start and get the most minutes, then

Franklin

Brunk

Thompson

in no particular order rotate in/out

and then let's see if one of the other freshmen is able to crash the party. I think the most likely candidates to do so are in this order

Geronimo because of the defense, motor, mindset and overall measurables and athletic ability

Leal if he can shoot from jump and if we still need shooting because nobody else on the team got better at shooting over the offseason.

Galloway if most of our guys are lost and don't know what they are doing and Galloway has the bb iq he is supposed to be coming in with.

Is the staff still looking to add a shooter to the mix, a one year grad transfer? Might as well pickup that insurance policy imo. It does not cost much if the guy is a one year player and we still have the scholly for 2021. 

I like this team a lot, and think we should be able to compete. I like that the end of our bench looks like someone in that bunch could possibly be a band-aid w/o getting completely slaughtered if/when we need a band-aid for a short time. I also like that we are not counting on the freshmen not named Lander to be ready to fill a lot of important minutes. If one or two of those guys breakout and show they belong, then that is gravy this year, not the meat and potatoes. 

I think the starting 5 that we should see is Lander, Al, Hunter, Smith and TJD. That gives us plenty of versatility, athleticism and length as well as some offense that shouldn’t clog the lane.

You’re starting to come around a bit..

I’d love love love for one of the freshman to redshirt. Not sure who, but it’d help the player and the program out tremendously

I’d say Galloway probably should if any of them.

Well the rotation is official thin. 

Time to go 3 guard line up I guess

Phinisee/Franklin

Lander/Franklin

Durham/Franklin

Hunter/Thompson

Davis/Brunk

Need Franklin and Hunter to make leaps and for everybody to stay healthy. 

27 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well the rotation is official thin. 

Time to go 3 guard line up I guess

Phinisee/Franklin

Lander/Franklin

Durham/Franklin

Hunter/Thompson

Davis/Brunk

Need Franklin and Hunter to make leaps and for everybody to stay healthy. 

One of the other freshmen will get a chance to earn 10-15 mpg a night.  If Geronimo can defend at a high level he'll get some run.  If Leal can be a solid defender and knockdown shots he'll get time too.