Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

Firearms

I had a SAM7SF that I loved but most places in South Florida won't allow steel cased ammo. My primary motivation for buying it was to shoot cheap so I ended up selling it unfortunately.

I’m having a blast with it so far. Gonna change some furniture eventually but the gun is super smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m not a collector, but I have a few handguns. Truthfully, my favorite is probably a Springfield 45. It’s a little heavy to carry, especially fully loaded, but I took is with me to a week-long handgun course at Frontsight in Nevada a few years ago and had a blast. 400 people walking around with handguns and I never felt safer in my life. I think I went through 800 rounds while I was there.

Anyway, some of the others in my class had 9mm’s and they had to hit the steel plate targets two, three, sometimes four times to knock them down in our competitions. Mine went down first shot every time. I don’t think it has ever jammed on me. Just a nice, solid handgun.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Pistol wise it’s tough being left handed. I find my H&K VP9 very friendly. sweet gun. I have a M&P15 and a M&P 15-22 which is really fun. Just picked up 10,000 rounds for it for maybe $400. That’s close anyway which included shipping to Florida. Yeah, I buy my ammo from Indiana!

Next up will be a Benelli 12g.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Nips, calm down and go get another drank!

18 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

I had a SAM7SF that I loved but most places in South Florida won't allow steel cased ammo. My primary motivation for buying it was to shoot cheap so I ended up selling it unfortunately.

AK steel cases ammo is very hard to come by now. I have a very large customer who would take all I could sell them.

15 hours ago, schoosier said:

AK steel cases ammo is very hard to come by now. I have a very large customer who would take all I could sell them.

That’s pretty surprising. I sold mine a couple years ago and steel cased ammo was the bulk of what was available. I remember buying 1K rounds of Wolf for dirt cheap but couldn’t shoot it anywhere.  I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that so many ranges don’t allow it?

18 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Yes, I have a couple in AR's (5.56 & 9mm) and I am a fan. Would like to get one for an AK too. 

Franklin released the AK binary triggers last year so your favorite gun stores stock them unless state/county restrictions.

9 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

That’s pretty surprising. I sold mine a couple years ago and steel cased ammo was the bulk of what was available. I remember buying 1K rounds of Wolf for dirt cheap but couldn’t shoot it anywhere.  I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that so many ranges don’t allow it?

They actually test with it, but the Covid virus has seen big increases in both shooting sports and fishing. Those concerned with lawlessness for ammo/guns and the latter folks wanting something to do outside with limited people. 

On 5/15/2020 at 8:29 PM, HoosierAloha said:

On 5/15/2020 at 8:29 PM, HoosierAloha said:

Pistol wise it’s tough being left handed. I find my H&K VP9 very friendly. sweet gun. I have a M&P15 and a M&P 15-22 which is really fun. Just picked up 10,000 rounds for it for maybe $400. That’s close anyway which included shipping to Florida. Yeah, I buy my ammo from Indiana! emoji6.png
  I'm a lefty too and have the HK VPSK. 

It's a great carry gun and a really good shooter for a short barreled pistol.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:26 AM, Bigred3588 said:

This is one of my more recent builds. 9" 300 blk on a LMT MARS-LS ambi lower.

AR.jpg

what kind of sight and suppressor? Looks like an aimpoint and maybe "knight" suppressor. i cant tell from the photo.