Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

Firearms

I'm a lefty so I have a HK VPSK that I carry.Love that little gun.Left handed Remington 1187 that I don't use much and stainless Left Hand bolt Ruger 270 for a deer gun.I have an old mossburg 500 pump with a scope and rifled and ported barrel that I've killed more deer with than I can count .Its s 12 gauge but feels like a 20 as far as recoil.

Same for me as for Strom.

Really long career in law enforcement. Used to enjoy occasional extra practice rounds with my Glock.

Now? Nah - not necessary and I have more enjoyable hobbies for me, mainly revolving around food, drink, and exercise. Have an incredible home coffee/espresso setup, liking the whiskey/bourbon thing, learning to smoke meat, and started running distances again. 

Same for me as for Strom.
Really long career in law enforcement. Used to enjoy occasional extra practice rounds with my Glock.
Now? Nah - not necessary and I have more enjoyable hobbies for me, mainly revolving around food, drink, and exercise. Have an incredible home coffee/espresso setup, liking the whiskey/bourbon thing, learning to smoke meat, and started running distances again. 

Hey smoking meat is a good one. That’s an art.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Weber Smokey Mountain cooker, and lots of experimentationisticisms.

Grew up in southern Indiana to family that didn't hunt or that was too much into shooting, so I never really got into gun ownership. It is funny, because in recent years my old man has been more into guns and now has an arsenal at his house now. 

I bought a Traeger second hand from a buddy a couple of weeks ago ($100!) and have really enjoyed it. I have only done pork shoulder and a whole chicken, but I have plans for salmon and brisket in the near future. Learned the hard way that placement of the meat is still really important and to check temp on all sides. Part of the meat was at 195 and the side away from the burner was at about 160. Turned it around and got the other side to temp. It was still really good but glad I made that mistake with the $15 pork shoulder and not a brisket.

Grew up in southern Indiana to family that didn't hunt or that was too much into shooting, so I never really got into gun ownership. It is funny, because in recent years my old man has been more into guns and now has an arsenal at his house now. 
I bought a Traeger second hand from a buddy a couple of weeks ago ($100!) and have really enjoyed it. I have only done pork shoulder and a whole chicken, but I have plans for salmon and brisket in the near future. Learned the hard way that placement of the meat is still really important and to check temp on all sides. Part of the meat was at 195 and the side away from the burner was at about 160. Turned it around and got the other side to temp. It was still really good but glad I made that mistake with the $15 pork shoulder and not a brisket.

There are a lot of crazies around here. Your dad probably needs a bunker full lol.

OMG! someone started a gun thread. I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl (ie, Aloha). I love G-U-N-S!

I have one or two of them in all types and varieties. I'm building me and the wifey a couple of nice little ARs at the moment just for giggles, starting with an Armstrong Lower ( I know i could have got a better lower but i have a vision of OD green for mine and maybe yellow for hers) See what COVID has done to me! I'm no longer black or spray painted camo for my ARs.

For hunting: I have my trusty 30.06 for everything up here in AK but looked yesterday at at a 6.5 creedmore because i'm getting antsy for hunting season. I don't think i will buy it because my 30.06 has been nothing but reliable and deadly for the past 20 years.

For handguns, i carry a .40 cal and sometimes .357 SP101 depending on my mood. my .40 stays mounted in my Jeep Gladiator. I used to carry a Nighthawk Custom .45 but that just stays in the vault nowadays. I have gone away from packing .45s for one reason or another (that's another discussion all together). Don't believe in 9mms even though i have a couple from my previous life.

I can talk others elsewhere. Just not in this thread. lol

17 hours ago, mdn82 said:

I am definitely a Sig Sauer guy. My wife took my AR away from me. Bet she wishes I still had it. Most everything I own is a 9 except my 1911. I am pretty boring. I am with you on the AK. If anyone ever offers a 50 cal that’s a good time too.

Another vote for Sig here! My favorite platform is the P220. Top left is a first-year import when they were brought in as the Browning BDA, bottom left is a West German from the early 90s, and on the right is my legion.

Sigs.jpg