Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Positive news regarding coronavirus thread

6 weeks in.  1 teacher. 1 lunch lady, 1 student. across 3 separate large schools, k-12.  All back to school, no complications.  

Yet many school systems aren’t in session. 

But, but ,but you gotta shut it down! Lol. Clowns !

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Another week another negative test and another mandatory test next week! Ditto for the roommate.

These “random” mitigation tests sure do seem to repeatedly select students who are least likely to test positive...

Hopefully, they’re testing the student-athletes just as much.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Another week another negative test and another mandatory test next week! Ditto for the roommate.

These “random” mitigation tests sure do seem to repeatedly select students who are least likely to test positive...

Hopefully, they’re testing the student-athletes just as much.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Maybe school needs to get fired up again! Go figure!

There will be a Little 500 this year but not the one we're used to enjoying.  Information below is from a series of Zach Osterman tweets.

This year's Little 500 will be held on May 26. The women's race at noon, men's race at 4. That's per an email distributed to riders and coaches this afternoon.

Details:

• >> No quals (which I assume mean everyone gets a shot).
  • >> No fans.
  • >> Each team gets four riders, one coach and one mechanic.
  • >> Infrastructure reduced to essential volunteers.
  • >> Everyone will be tested per COVID-19 protocols adapted from IU athletics.

The race will be livestreamed.  IUSF plans to extend track practice into May, and will be in touch with teams to see who all can participate in a May race.  The race itself is on a Wednesday, which will feel very strange.

"Our goal was to first and foremost keep students, as well as the campus and Bloomington communities safe, while allowing for this time-honored tradition to take place in 2021."

Reads at first blush like an attempt to curtail parties and large gatherings (which makes sense).

Pathetic IMO. The big ten is gearing up to have 8k fans indoor during the big 10 tournament, but students coaches and families can’t attend the race outdoors? I don’t understand how higher ups fail to comprehend that college kids are going to party either way...I just hate to see this for some of the bikers who treat this as a D1 sport.

Also, not to get political, but if Biden says every American will be vaccinated by May, why can’t they have it with fans at the end of May?

Zero consistency these days.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Pathetic IMO. The big ten is gearing up to have 8k fans indoor during the big 10 tournament, but students coaches and families can’t attend the race outdoors? I don’t understand how higher ups fail to comprehend that college kids are going to party either way...I just hate to see this for some of the bikers who treat this as a D1 sport.

Also, not to get political, but if Biden says every American will be vaccinated by May, why can’t they have it with fans at the end of May?

Zero consistency these days.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I could go on and on and on. Indiana University, itself, is trying to drive me away from the University I once loved. Now, I just hold precious memories of the great times I had. I’m not sure they ever, or especially, currently represent what I stand for. Glad I had a full scholarship. Glad for all the friends I’ve made and memories that are indelible.

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I could go on and on and on. Indiana University, itself, is trying to drive me away from the University I once loved. Now, I just hold precious memories of the great times I had. I’m not sure they ever, or especially, currently represent what I stand for. Glad I had a full scholarship. Glad for all the friends I’ve made and memories that are indelible.

There will be full attendance for all fall sports if that makes anyone feel better

36 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

There will be full attendance for all fall sports if that makes anyone feel better

With everything being shut down last fall and since CTA has the football program on the uspwing, I'm hoping we'll see crowds of 40,000 and 50,000 at Memorial Stadium this fall -- rather than the paltry 25,000-30,000 we usually get for anyone other than Ohio State or Michigan. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

With everything being shut down last fall and since CTA has the football program on the uspwing, I'm hoping we'll see crowds of 40,000 and 50,000 at Memorial Stadium this fall -- rather than the paltry 25,000-30,000 we usually get for anyone other than Ohio State or Michigan. 

You and me both brother. We will also have the biggest freshman class student body at IU also so hopefully a lot of them become student ticket holders and also lifelong fans. 

7 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

That is definitely the next step in IU's football progression but I'll be a bit surprised if we see a packed stadium every game.  It just doesn't seem like the culture, yet.

25 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

The 1st 4 home games should be pretty full, how the season goes determines if there's a big crowd for Rugers and Minnesota.