Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Positive news regarding coronavirus thread

23 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Interesting concept they are working on with baseball.  A lot of work to be done in negotiations between the MLB and MLBPA.  I expect it will get done eventually.

A couple of thoughts:

I used to be a traditionalist, don't use the DH guy.  At this point, I'm tired of seeing a buck ten hitting pitcher's bat.  I'm fine with a universal DH if they go that route.  

If the games end up being played without fans -- or limited fans -- for a time period, I think we aren't going to miss that part as much as in other sports.  Most of us are really television fans, IMO......unlike the NFL and quite a few places in the NBA, stadiums aren't normally packed and most of us at best hit a game or two per year.

I waiver on the DH.  Sometimes, I make the argument that I'm a traditionalist and I hate specialization (pitching AND hitting), but on the other hand, I also hate the bunt for the most part, and a lot of pitchers aren't athletes...except they can throw hard or spot a slider.   In general?  I want live sports.  I want something to look forward to at night besides MMA or old bass fishing tournaments.   No offense to either.....but I want "sports."   If that means baseball goes down a non-traditional path, I have no issue.

We were shut in for about 2 months while the in-laws stayed here and were unable to shop. We had so many people proactively reach out and shop for us, call us if they found charmin, and just really go out of there way to make sure we were covered. It was so cool to see and receive this help from so many.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well, the roofers tore off my old tile roof today. My neighbor and I have a duplex. They call them attached villas down this way. Hurricane Irma damage from 2.5/yrs ago. Will be very happy to see the new one on! Man, was it loud today! New premium tile due in next week. I’m ready!

If you are a roofer, this is the place to be. We has 165 mph winds here. I think all the roofs lifted. So much work still

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Big congrats Aloha. That's outstanding!

Thank you!  I was just shy of a second undergrad degree before the semester but IU wouldn't award me the first until I completed the second...  Peeps, it's never too late to finish what you started!!

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Thanks Old Fart, I’ll need all of it I can get. I’m trying to finish in 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

In that case you better brush up on your typing skills.  Don't know that your profs will be able to interpret all your **** grammer!