Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Cody Zeller and the Crean Era

Cody Zeller was interviewed by Titus and Tate yesterday, and it’s on YouTube below. 

Cody spends a good ten + minutes  talking about his recruitment and what it was like to be recruited by, and play for Tom Crean. Cody is just such a good dude, and Crean is, well, he’s every bit Tom Crean! Lol

The IU stuff starts at the 4 minute mark, and lasts past the 15 minute mark. Enjoy!

Cody Zeller was interviewed by Titus and Tate yesterday, and it’s on YouTube below. 
Cody spends a good ten + minutes  talking about his recruitment and what it was like to be recruited by, and play for Tom Crean. Cody is just such a good dude, and Crean is, well, he’s every bit Tom Crean! Lol
The IU stuff starts at the 4 minute mark, and lasts past the 15 minute mark. Enjoy!

[/url]  

It’s not loading for me but anxious to watch/listen

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

47 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Cody Zeller is learning guitar and wondering if G-C-D chords are all he needs to know to play country music? The answer is almost. Throw in an A chord and a couple of minor chords--E minor, A minor--and he can play many country songs.

Learn five chords and git yerself a capo and you’re all set Big Handsome.

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

Cody Zeller is learning guitar and wondering if G-C-D chords are all he needs to know to play country music? The answer is almost. Throw in an A chord and a couple of minor chords--E minor, A minor--and he can play many country songs.

A lot of non-country songs use those chords as well.  You can play a whole bunch of songs with just beginner chords.

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

TBH, I'm not all that familiar with Titus and Tate. But if one of them claims to be "an Indiana guy," why the hell is he wearing an Ohio State hat? 

Supposedly Titus grew up an IU fan, but went to OSU because he didn't like Crean, or something along those lines. 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Supposedly Titus grew up an IU fan, but went to OSU because he didn't like Crean, or something along those lines. 

Titus "played" from 2007-10. I remember from other pods Titus mentioning he played with Oden and Conley in AAU.

12 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Titus "played" from 2007-10. I remember from other pods Titus mentioning he played with Oden and Conley in AAU.

Maybe it was Sampson, then. I just remember wondering why he didn't come here and hearing he had soured on us for whatever reason. 

3 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Maybe it was Sampson, then. I just remember wondering why he didn't come here and hearing he had soured on us for whatever reason. 

He and Oden are best friends. I think Sampson blowing his and Conley’s recruitments and them going to OSU probably indirectly played a part with Titus. He played on that AAU team with Oden, Gordon, McRoberts, Conley, etc. He went to OSU not intending to play, but ended up walking on after starting as a manager. 

It’s in his book which is a pretty funny and fast read. You’ll come away being confused on whether you love or hate Evan Turner. 

Edit: As Honkyman so eloquently pointed out, Davis and not Sampson was the one that blew Oden and Conley’s recruitment. 

Hey Hovadipo--Kelvin Sampson did not blow Oden and Conley's recruitment as you claim. Greg Oden was at Ohio State during the 2006-7 season. That means Mike Davis not Sampson was the IU coach (in his last season as it turns out) when Oden was being recruited and committed to Ohio State. Davis left IU after the 2005-2006 season. Oden had already committed to Ohio State by the time Sampson was hired.  BTW, Sampson holds the best winning percentage of any IU basketball coach (74.1%). It would be nice to start winning at something about approaching that clip again.

Hey Hovadipo--Kelvin Sampson did not blow Oden and Conley's recruitment as you claim. Greg Oden was at Ohio State during the 2006-7 season. That means Mike Davis not Sampson was the IU coach (in his last season as it turns out) when Oden was being recruited and committed to Ohio State. Davis left IU after the 2005-2006 season. Oden had already committed to Ohio State by the time Sampson was hired.  BTW, Sampson holds the best winning percentage of any IU basketball coach (74.1%). It would be nice to start winning at something about approaching that clip again.

The rumor was Davis sent Oden a recruiting letter addressed to another top recruit. Kinda sums up his tenure at IU. Thanks Myles Brand.

Davis, not Sampson. My bad. 

Sorry for upsetting you with my admitted mistake!

The rumor was Davis sent Oden a recruiting letter addressed to another top recruit. Kinda sums up his tenure at IU. Thanks Myles Brand.

The story I’ve been told is Mike Davis didn’t think Mike Conley was an Indiana caliber guard and thusly didn’t recruit them as a tandem. Conley and Oden were very tight and going to stay together. Conley’s dad was very influential in it all from what I understand.

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The story I’ve been told is Mike Davis didn’t think Mike Conley was an Indiana caliber guard and thusly didn’t recruit them as a tandem. Conley and Oden were very tight and going to stay together. Conley’s dad was very influential in it all from what I understand.

Still sums up the Mike Davis error, I mean era.

On 5/7/2020 at 3:12 PM, schoosier said:

The letter was sent to Mike Conley, but was written for Sharron Collins. Both players were top 5 PG’s in the class. Collins ended up at Kansas and IU had no shot at Conley after that. So both Conley and Oden went to OSU. 

edit: Could you imagine the team of Conley, Vaden, DJ White, Oden, Ratliff, Wilmont, Allen, Etc.  even with Davis as a coach, this is a final four caliber team. 

On 5/9/2020 at 12:08 PM, Feathery said:

The letter was sent to Mike Conley, but was written for Sharron Collins. Both players were top 5 PG’s in the class. Collins ended up at Kansas and IU had no shot at Conley after that. So both Conley and Oden went to OSU. 

edit: Could you imagine the team of Conley, Vaden, DJ White, Oden, Ratliff, Wilmont, Allen, Etc.  even with Davis as a coach, this is a final four caliber team. 

This could be never ending!!! Being from the same town and hearing reliable information about the recruitment of Matt Howard it could have made things a lot different during that time. From what I know Davis showed no interest in Howard in high school and when Sampson took over he immediately went after Howard and wanted him. Only problem is....Howard had a really funny feeling about the way Sampson was doing things and must have scared him off.(He is a very smart guy and was definitely right). The part that I am speculating on is that if Howard goes to IU, then I think the chances that Gordon Hayward ends up at IU also increase a lot. Could you imagine how much differnt IU and Butler basketball would look today????? Even though I am as big of a Butler fan as IU, that would have been a dream scenario if during that mess with Davis and trying to bring in Sampson they would have had any idea what they had up the road at Butler and hired Brad Stevens.With the coaches that have been here for the last 20 years, it is hard telling what all has been missed out on over that time.