Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Justin Smith Declares

I sincerely wish him the best, but the things he said he was excited about in their style of play, don't really strike me as his strengths.
I guess it depends on how you look at it, but I felt like we played played him at the wing to the detriment of the team in some ways. He never developed a handle or shot that allowed him to pull his defender away from the paint. But, maybe a new coach can get him to play with a passion and desire that we rarely saw during his three years in Bloomington.

They have a more free flowing offense. He might end up with more space to work. That’s just something he couldn’t get last season because TJD and Brunk almost never shot outside of 10 feet. They barely moved outside 15 feet outside of screens. Smith really had no choice no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

24 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They have a more free flowing offense. He might end up with more space to work. That’s just something he couldn’t get last season because TJD and Brunk almost never shot outside of 10 feet. They barely moved outside 15 feet outside of screens. Smith really had no choice no matter what.

What was Smith's excuse for his sophomore year when he had Juwan Morgan in the post...? 

Yeah yeah I know Archie sucks blah blah 

40 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They have a more free flowing offense. He might end up with more space to work. That’s just something he couldn’t get last season because TJD and Brunk almost never shot outside of 10 feet. They barely moved outside 15 feet outside of screens, which they set far away from the basket on nearly every half court posession.. Smith really had no choice no matter what.

Fixed it for you.

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That doesn’t actually change anything because there was still one always on the block and the screener was rolling. Pretty much a fact that Smith was put into a position to fail when playing with TJD and Brunk.

giphy (1).gif

7 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Still doesn't make a difference. The kid flat can't shoot!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29306667/wisconsin-michigan-state-make-moves-college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-2020-21

This article is ironic. Jeff Borzello drops IU out of the top 25 and adds Arkansas because of Justin Smith.

What’s even better is his reasoning. He says that Justin Smith fills a void for Arkansas in the front court and leaves a front court depth issue for Indiana.

Ummm I guess he didn’t get the memo that Justin Smith is clearly a wing player and Arkansas will use him as such because those are his strengths. DWS

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29306667/wisconsin-michigan-state-make-moves-college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-2020-21

This article is ironic. Jeff Borzello drops IU out of the top 25 and adds Arkansas because of Justin Smith.

What’s even better is his reasoning. He says that Justin Smith fills a void for Arkansas in the front court and leaves a front court depth issue for Indiana.

Ummm I guess he didn’t get the memo that Justin Smith is clearly a wing player and Arkansas will use him as such because those are his strengths. DWS

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Smith was a forward for us, which is technically still the front court player(SF, PF, C). Not sure it’s a good enough addition to do that. And we clearly have more faith in a group of TJD, Brunk, Thompson, Hunter, Leal, Durham, Geronimo, Franklin than anyone else.

Smith was a forward for us, which is technically still the front court player(SF, PF, C). Not sure it’s a good enough addition to do that. And we clearly have more faith in a group of TJD, Brunk, Thompson, Hunter, Leal, Durham, Geronimo, Franklin than anyone else.

You didn’t get the sarcasm. I know what smith was for us. I know what smith will be for Arkansas. Smith on the other hand, does not

https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/smith-brings-versatility-to-arkansas-as-a-grad-transfer

Love this article. Musselman is a smart, smart guy. Puts out in the public arena exactly what Justin and his family want to hear(playing some 2, increased 3pt looks, creating his own offense off the bounce) when in reality he’s gonna do none of those things.

8 minutes ago, Demo said:

https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/smith-brings-versatility-to-arkansas-as-a-grad-transfer

Love this article. Musselman is a smart, smart guy. Puts out in the public arena exactly what Justin and his family want to hear(playing some 2, increased 3pt looks, creating his own offense off the bounce) when in reality he’s gonna do none of those things.

If he tries to have him do that, it’ll fail 

Justin Smith wouldn’t be a good high school 2.  It’s not his skill set.

On 6/15/2020 at 7:58 PM, MoyeNeeded said:

Still doesn't make a difference. The kid flat can't shoot!

And those threes he got last year were wide open looks.  If he ever shows he can even hit 30%, he’ll get guarded.....and then he wouldn’t be shooting 30% any more.

Hopefully, for Justin, there’s some motivation to prove himself and he’s been in the gym. He would have been an all conference type player if he would have accepted his role and gave 100%.