Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Justin Smith Declares

15 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

And: Scene.

Anyway, any new chatter recently as to where his head (or his dad’s) might be in regards to transfer destination?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I saw some mention somewhere (can't remember exactly where) that indicated he might narrow his choices -- whatever they are -- and have some finalists this past week. 

But I haven't seen anything else backing that up, or advancing that. I don't believe he's tweeted anything since his farewell to the pinstripe pants and the Kelly School of  Business. 

Good move for Justin. Musselman is a good coach--probably better than Archie--and his style of play for his teams is better suited to Justin's strengths. Good luck to him. I'm glad we're not scheduled to play Arkansas again.

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

Good move for Justin. Musselman is a good coach--probably better than Archie--and his style of play for his teams is better suited to Justin's strengths. Good luck to him. I'm glad we're not scheduled to play Arkansas again.

Ehhh. Ask many Arkansas fans and you’ll find some bad opinions on Mussleman. He’s a high energy coach similar to Crean, wouldn’t say he’s a better coach than Archie at this point. 

Musselman had a decent first year with Arkansas last season (20-12) with not much talent left by his predecessor (better than Archie's first year at IU). He turned Nevada into a winning program before moving to Arkansas. More important for Justin Smith is Musselman's style of play which as I say is a better fit for Justin.  We'll see. I'm rooting for a good year for both IU and Justin.