Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I didn't see a movie thread in here, so I thought I would start one to talk about a movie I watched last night.

I was looking through Amazon Prime looking for something to watch and came across a movie called "To End All Wars". It is a British Film from 2001 about life in a Japanese Prisoner of War Camp. Kiefer Sutherland stars as the lone American. It is one of the better movies I have seen in a long time. Currently watching Midway. It is included free with your Prime membership

What are some of the movies you have been watching?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Been watching some documentaries. Free Solo on Hulu was incredible. Have some other really good recommendations on docs if anyone is interested. 

Crazy stupid love is a pretty good rom com with the family that I just saw on Hulu as well. 

Oh and watched Parasite. Don't know if it deserved movie of the year but it was good. Also, on Hulu. 

Watched Hunting Hitler on amazon prime. It’s a history channel deal with Bob Baer ex CIA investigator. Was pretty darn good! Interesting as hell. Watched the Land of Z yesterday. Getting kinda movied out to be honest. Old Bond flixs etc. Sean and Roger were the best Bond actors imo.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

So far during "lockdown" I've watch the most recent season of Ozarks on Netflix.  Also, Handmaid's Tale on Hulu (yes, I'm late getting to that series), and Mindhunters on Netflix.  I'd recommend checking them all out.  I am trying to find my next binge-worthy show if anyone has recommendations.  

2 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

So far during "lockdown" I've watch the most recent season of Ozarks on Netflix.  Also, Handmaid's Tale on Hulu (yes, I'm late getting to that series), and Mindhunters on Netflix.  I'd recommend checking them all out.  I am trying to find my next binge-worthy show if anyone has recommendations.  

Binge worthy shows. 

Justified if you have Prime

Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad 

Bloodline. First season. 

Binge worthy shows. 

Justified if you have Prime
Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad 
Bloodline. First season. 

Because we dug coal together.
Justified always gets underrated when people make list of top shows but I would definitely put it up there in my top 10.
Orphan Black on Prime and expanse for people who like Sci Fi shows

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The Hunters on Amazon is really good

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Justified always gets underrated when people make list of top shows but I would definitely put it up there in my top 10.

Justified is my current number 1 series I think. Although Better call Saul has a real chance to knock it to number 2. 

Another series I really like is Person of interest but it’s not every bodies cup of tea for sure. 

Justified is my current number 1 series I think. Although Better call Saul has a real chance to knock it to number 2. 

Another series I really like is Person of interest but it’s not every bodies cup of tea for sure. 

Michael Emerson is great in anything he does. POI was an entertaining show

Take a step back in time and watch early black  and white TV shows via YouTube.  Peter Gunn, Richard Diamond, 77 Sunset Strip, Boston Blackie, etc.

I'm currently watching the Sherlock Holmes movies that starred Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce mostly filmed in the 1940's.  Most are less than 75 minutes in length.    

Loved Parasite. Very much a love it or hate it flick, but loved The Lighthouse with Willem Dafoe and Rob Pattinson. The film version of What We Do in the Shadows is hysterical. Really terrific 4 part doc on Netflix called Bobby Kennedy for President. Am currently binging Schitt’s Creek. My wife has been trying to get me to watch it for a while and had no interest. My loss, it’s very funny. 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Michael Emerson is great in anything he does. POI was an entertaining show

I think it turned people off being a procedural at first basically then turning into a serialized show that you had to watch in order.  I didn't mind because I like both styles of shows and was able to watch them in order. 

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Justified took a couple seasons to figure out what it was, but when they figured it out it was an unbelievable handful of seasons. So good.