Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2021) - PF Mason Miller to Creighton

1 hour ago, maharkn said:

Bring him to IU for a year to be a part time shooting during the summer

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bring Mason Miller to IU for three or four years.

Bring Mason Miller to IU for three or four years.

What dad wouldn't want to watch their kid play college ball. Wouldn't be possible coaching at another school. I'm sure he has missed most of his younger years of playing

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Highlights remind me of Brian Evans with more athleticism. His outside shot alone sets him apart from anyone we’ve seen Archie sign not including next year’s class. Indiana basketball history has always included great shooters and banner 6 will only happen with these type of players.

11 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Highlights remind me of Brian Evans with more athleticism. His outside shot alone sets him apart from anyone we’ve seen Archie sign not including next year’s class. Indiana basketball history has always included great shooters and banner 6 will only happen with these type of players.

Tall lefty shooter who can be a big on defense? That's Evans.

Incredibly fierce competitor with an inherent knack for making the right play? That's Evans too, and there are far fewer players like that.

Am I the only one confused as to whether or not Mason Miller has been extended a formal offer?  247 indicates he has; Rivals indicates he has not.  Although the link below kinda sorta suggests he has an offer, there is nothing in the article that confirms an offer has been extended.  And I don't recall Twitterverse exploding with tweets that he had received an offer.  Help an old man out.  Does he or doesn't he?

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/07/03/2021-target-mason-miller-talks-indiana-offer-and-athletic-style-of-play/?fbclid=IwAR3RR6EL6Fh1KAEPfXd-eIUNuDydHfB8yhbb0q6uRcXadYnRNeeWUG2Er3Y

32 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Am I the only one confused as to whether or not Mason Miller has been extended a formal offer?  247 indicates he has; Rivals indicates he has not.  Although the link below kinda sorta suggests he has an offer, there is nothing in the article that confirms an offer has been extended.  And I don't recall Twitterverse exploding with tweets that he had received an offer.  Help an old man out.  Does he or doesn't he?

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/07/03/2021-target-mason-miller-talks-indiana-offer-and-athletic-style-of-play/?fbclid=IwAR3RR6EL6Fh1KAEPfXd-eIUNuDydHfB8yhbb0q6uRcXadYnRNeeWUG2Er3Y

We don’t know. He hasn’t announced it.  But reporters could have been told he has with others not being privy to the info. 

Osterman - Indpls. Star

Like so many other members of the 2021 class, Mason Miller expected these summer months to play out differently.

AAU tournaments, important recruiting decisions, visit schedules — all parts of the recruiting process either off the table or firmly in limbo amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Miller is staying patient through it all.

“Right now, I’m just waiting it out, seeing what happens,” Miller told IndyStar.

A four-star forward with a soft shooting touch and a father who spent more than a decade in the NBA, Miller is hearing most often from IU, Ohio State and Creighton at the moment. He talks regularly with Indiana associate head coach Tom Ostrom and Ohio State assistant coach Jake Diebler.

“I’ve been texting a lot of coaches,” Miller said. “Ohio State’s been texting me a lot. Indiana too. I have a pretty good relationship with coach Ostrom.”

Miller has even been able to take virtual visits like the one IU set up, which included a bird’s-eye view of the city of Bloomington, a tour of facilities and a look at the gameday atmosphere through the lens of a camera.

“It’s actually pretty cool,” Miller said.

That sort of communication has comprised the bulk of recruiting movement for Miller in recent months, with everything slowed down by the pandemic.

A 6-9 forward ranked No. 51 in 2021 by 247Sports, Miller can stretch the floor with his shooting ability in addition to providing a big body in the frontcourt.

His father, Mike, recently left his role as an assistant coach at Memphis, another school on Miller’s offer list. Miller has been putting work in during the break with his father, and teammates at Houston High School in Germantown, Tenn.

“I’ve been doing a lot of individual workouts with my dad, a lot of shooting workouts with him,” Mason Miller said, “and I’ve done a few workouts with my school team, six people at a time.”

For the moment, pandemic-related NCAA rules still don’t allow in-person contact, meaning prospects cannot take visits. Miller plans to schedule his officials once he’s able.

In the meantime, he’s not rushing anything, with no hard-and-fast timetable set for a decision. Like so many of his classmates, Miller is taking the current situation in stride.

“(A decision date is) really nothing I’m worrying about yet,” he said.

26 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

So much for “needs downtime.” Something went wrong between him and Penny, methinks.