Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2021) - PF Mason Miller to Creighton

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Mason-Miller-Germantown-Tenn-basketball-recruiting-150383013/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Nice interview with Miller. No matter the article the constants are IU and Creighton. From just a roster construction standpoint not sure OSU makes a ton of sense.

36 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I know who is ranked what but If we take Miller now does That affect Kaufman’s decision?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Love to have both, you can never have too many versatile big men.

5 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

I know who is ranked what but If we take Miller now does That affect Kaufman’s decision?

If TJD goes to the league after the season as many expect, CAM will be left with a SR Race & FR Logan in the front court.  I think the staff will find a way to make Mason & Trey fit together if the class comes together.

Would love to have Kaufman, but he’s had plenty of time to commit, so if miller wants to come and that throws Kaufman off, that’s his own fault imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If Mason Miller commits that will not hurt our chances with Trey Kaufman...that will very likely help our chances.

Players like Kaufman want to compete for championships. Right now Trey Kaufman is likely assessing (among many things) whether IU can be a national championship-level program during his time there. For guards, he sees one year of Phin, an excellent piece in Armaan, a catch and shoot two guard in Anthony Leal, and a potentially dominant point in Lander. He also sees many, many options on the wing in the 6'4"-6'7" range.

For bigs, that's where we appear to be lacking, even with his addition: Race for one year is great--he does the dirty work. Similar with Duncomb, and believe you me, Trey knows Duncomb and Furst's game and makeup very well, and will prefer Duncomb as a teammate. 

But that's not quite enough for a championship-caliber front court. If Trey is putting a championship roster together in his mind, he's envisioning himself as a key component in a four big rotation, and he's not afraid of competing for primary minutes in that rotation.

23 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Nope—all three please.

Agree. A Miller signing would in no way lessen the need for Kaufman. Kaufman is physically ready to come in and play 25 mins. With Miller, that body’s just not. The kid still looks like a calf on ice. He looks more like a 15 min guy to me as a Fr. But, man, when that kid grows into his frame he’s gonna absolutely kill people.

Despite having announced his 5 schools he says his recruitment is still open and specifically mentions TCU with an assistant coach who is Mason's uncle who has just recently been in contact with him.

https://stockrisers.com/s/118/top-75-senior-mason-miller-talks-recruitment-next-steps

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Despite having announced his 5 schools he says his recruitment is still open and specifically mentions TCU with an assistant coach who is Mason's uncle who has just recently been in contact with him.

https://stockrisers.com/s/118/top-75-senior-mason-miller-talks-recruitment-next-steps

I know I’m not being entirely fair, but whenever a kid has LSU in his list I reflexively think less of him. It just happened.

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Being recruited by two separate programs with a coach named Ryan Miller:

1. Ryan "Archie" Miller at IU, and
  2. TCU Assistant Coach, and Mason's uncle Ryan Miller