Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2021) - PF Mason Miller to Creighton

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jake Weingarten roughly 2 hours ago -

Just talked with four-star senior Mason Miller. He told @Stockrisers he’s currently planning on making a college decision on Monday. He’s talking with Indiana’s staff as we speak.

So is it possible he put the IU staff on mute so that he could interact with stockrisers recruiting guy?

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I thought all direct contact was a no-no in a dead period.  And although he could tour campus on his own dime, he could not interact with any of the staff.  @Uspshoosier what say you?

Hey OF, didn’t the dead period end on the 12th?  Pretty sure these are all automatically unofficial visits, and would be subject to the calendar.  I have been mixed up a lot with the dates changing but I thought we were in a recruiting phase where they could do video.  

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

Hey OF, didn’t the dead period end on the 12th?  Pretty sure these are all automatically unofficial visits, and would be subject to the calendar.  I have been mixed up a lot with the dates changing but I thought we were in a recruiting phase where they could do video.  

I don't find anything other than the NCAA's September announcement.

On Sept. 16, the NCAA extended the dead period through year end.  

The Division I Council extended the recruiting dead period through Jan. 1. The Council has been reviewing the dead period on a regular basis since April. A dead period precludes all in-person recruiting. Phone calls and correspondence can continue to occur.

Full release at this link:  http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-extends-recruiting-dead-period

59 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The Division I Council extended the recruiting dead period through Jan. 1. The Council has been reviewing the dead period on a regular basis since April. A dead period precludes all in-person recruiting. Phone calls and correspondence can continue to occur.

Full release at this link:  http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-extends-recruiting-dead-period

Dead period expended through April 15th 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Odd.  I know teams are still doing them.  Unless everyone got together and gave a collective middle finger.  Wouldn’t be the worst thing.

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Odd.  I know teams are still doing them.  Unless everyone got together and gave a collective middle finger.  Wouldn’t be the worst thing.

Players can visit on their own time but schools cannot do unofficials or officials.  Depending on the school would depend on what each person can see on their visits.  No coach contact what so ever on these visits but at some they can still tour the facilities and gyms(mostly when they are off campus) 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Players can visit on their own time but schools cannot do unofficials or officials.  Depending on the school would depend on what each person can see on their visits.  No coach contact what so ever on these visits but at some they can still tour the facilities and gyms(mostly when they are off campus) 

Could a school have some other non coach, like a former player, give a tour of the campus?  I haven’t heard much about this but if I were IU I would have tried to get some former players involved. Heck they may be better than the coaches anyway 

38 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Could a school have some other non coach, like a former player, give a tour of the campus?  I haven’t heard much about this but if I were IU I would have tried to get some former players involved. Heck they may be better than the coaches anyway 

No former players cannot give a tour.  That would be a violation 

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

That makes sense.  

25 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

It appears Tipton Edits is assisting Miller's Monday announcement, fun! 

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 1.21.59 PM.png

If I had to handicap it?

Creighton 98.5%

IU 1.5%

(insert obligatory Jim Carey Dumb & Dumber '"so you're saying there's a chance" gif lol)

24 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If I had to handicap it?

Creighton 98.5%

IU 1.5%

(insert obligatory Jim Carey Dumb & Dumber '"so you're saying there's a chance" gif lol)

Hey, Buster Douglas was 40-1. Oh wait, that's actually better than IU"s odds. Never mind.