Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

A name out of the blue.  4-star SG Jordan Longino

Pat Lawless @PatLawless_

Jordan Longino, a class of 2021 SG from Germantown Academy (PA), has picked up an offer from Indiana.  6'3" 150 lb.   If the Longino name rings any bells, back in April '17, this post from Stu:  The nightcap at the Donofrio Classic on Tuesday seesawed into the final moments before Evan-Eric Longino helped his Del Val VC team close out a 88-84 first-round victory over Hunting Park II. Longino, a senior guard from Germantown Academy and a West Chester commit, finished with a game-high 22 points and sank two victory-clinching free throws with 5.2 seconds remaining. Lower Merion’s Terrell Jones (14 points) and Wissahickon’s Shane Ford (13 points) helped complement Longino on the offensive end, while Hatboro-Horsham forward Clifton Moore anchored Del Val VC’s 2-3 zone.  Moore had five points in his squad’s win over Hunting Park II

Rivals

'18-19 Philly Pride AAU Stats

HUDL

Earlier this month from a Philadelphia area sports guy:  The 6-foot-4 @GABoysBball  guard avg. 22.8 ppg which included a 38-point game vs. @WissBasketball  this season.  Has 1,562 career points to date. Primed for a big senior season with @GAPatriots

And he's also the football team QB.  https://www.inquirer.com/high-school-sports/jordan-longino-germantown-academy-recruiting-20191124.html

The Daily Hoosier - IU Basketball Recruiting: Indiana Offers Class of 2021 Top 75 Shooting Guard Jordan Longino

Indiana head coach Archie Miller and assistant Bruiser Flint reached back into their home state when IU offered class of 2021 shooting guard Jordan Longino on Wednesday.  The 6-foot-4 Philadelphia area product is the No. 61 player in the junior class and the No. 12 shooting guard according to the 247Sports Composite.

Pat Lawless was the first to report the news on Twitter.

Longino plays high school basketball at Germantown Academy in Fort Washington, Penn. where he averaged 22.9 points per game as a junior.

A highly efficient scorer, Longino shot 54.4 percent from the field overall for Germantown, including 41.5 percent from three-point range.  He also made 80.6 percent of his attempts from the free throw line.  Longino added 5.8 rebounds, 2 assists and .7 steals per contest for the Patriots during the 2019-20 campaign.

Playing for Philly Pride on the UAA circuit last summer, Longino averaged 10.5 points while shooting 39 percent overall and 33 percent from long distance.

Longino was also the Germantown starting quarterback this past season, and he led the team to a 7-2 overall record, throwing for almost 2,000 yards and 16 touchdowns with just four interceptions.

Longino has offers from Villanova, Florida, Rhode Island, LaSalle, Marquette, Penn State and others.  Villanova will be tough to beat in this recruitment, but Indiana has been involved for several months.  He is looking to make a college decision this summer.

13 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Couldn’t really figure this offer out, but this clarifies so much. Plus, the kid busted out “legacy” and “lineage” in referencing the program. That alone is almost enough for me. 

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

Couldn’t really figure this offer out, but this clarifies so much. Plus, the kid busted out “legacy” and “lineage” in referencing the program. That alone is almost enough for me. 

Agree.  Initially, it was seemingly an offer out of left field but as we get more background it makes a lot more sense.

Had a chance to watch some film on this guy today and I’m becoming more of a fan. He’s got a really strong frame already and uses his body well to get his shot off in the lane. Was really impressed with his mid-range game around the elbow. (A lost art form) He obviously shoots the three ball well, but I think there’s even some upside there with a little work on his form. It looks to me like his guide hand is a little too much on top of the ball and could be brought down the side a bit to allow him to release at a higher point and fix the small hitch in his shot. For a 40% shooter from deep, to still say it has room to get better is pretty impressive. I hadn’t been as high on him in this class, but he’s rising up my wish list. 

On 4/23/2020 at 9:24 AM, mdn82 said:

I am definitely glad we are targeting shooters. It’s a few years late, but that’s something we massively need.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I could find any stats. What’s his percentage 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

I could find any stats. What’s his percentage 

A highly efficient scorer, Longino shot 54.4 percent from the field overall for Germantown, including 41.5 percent from three-point range.  He also made 80.6 percent of his attempts from the free throw line.  Longino added 5.8 rebounds, 2 assists and .7 steals per contest for the Patriots during the 2019-20 campaign.

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Seems like he might fill more of a need than Aminu