Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

Favorite Basketball Moments

Watching Duke win a National title in person in 2015. Another one would have to be being at Kobe’s last game in Indy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was a fan of Okafor. Unfortunately he is lazy on defense. But I also don’t think coaches remember how to utilize a guy like Okafor. He would have been a 20+ ppg guy and could have been a focal point with shooters surrounding him. Philly just couldn’t do that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was a fan of Okafor. Unfortunately he is lazy on defense. But I also don’t think coaches remember how to utilize a guy like Okafor. He would have been a 20+ ppg guy and could have been a focal point with shooters surrounding him. Philly just couldn’t do that.

Was really hoping he would have went to LA in that draft

Was really hoping he would have went to LA in that draft

It sucks he just went to a crappy organization. Obviously they turned out alright as Embiid can be a monster. But Okafor could have been very good too. Was just misused and tossed away.

Another one from my Celtics days, I was at LeBron’s first ever summer league game just after he was drafted. Back then the Celtics used to host the Summer League at a little tiny gym at a UMass satellite campus just outside the city, and it was LeBron’s first actual NBA participation. The place was packed, it was insane. 

Another one from my Celtics days, I was at LeBron’s first ever summer league game just after he was drafted. Back then the Celtics used to host the Summer League at a little tiny gym at a UMass satellite campus just outside the city, and it was LeBron’s first actual NBA participation. The place was packed, it was insane. 

LeBron was so good for how young he was. Kinda crazy. I liked him more his first trip in Cleveland. Then once he left Miami he was just annoying.

2002 Lakers Mavs game the Lakers came back from 27. I was watching the game at home when my Aunt had a massive heart attack. We got to the hospital just in time for the comeback. One of the weirdest experiences of my life. I had to drive my mom to the hospital to say her goodbyes. I sit in the lobby and watch this all go down. As it went down doctors came to the lobby and explained she is making a miraculous recovery and might actually make it. Within 15 minutes after witnessing a 27 point lead evaporate in the 4th the doctor came out and said he would have given her less than 5% chance to live when she came in and she made it. One of those surreal nights all of the way around.

2002 Lakers Mavs game the Lakers came back from 27. I was watching the game at home when my Aunt had a massive heart attack. We got to the hospital just in time for the comeback. One of the weirdest experiences of my life. I had to drive my mom to the hospital to say her goodbyes. I sit in the lobby and watch this all go down. As it went down doctors came to the lobby and explained she is making a miraculous recover and might actually make it. Within 15 minutes after witnessing a 27 point lead evaporate in the 4th the doctor came out and said he would have given her less than 5% chance to live when she came in and she made it. One of those surreal nights all of the way around.

That’s freaking awesome. Fighters gonna fight.

My favorite IU memory is one I didn't see happen until a weeks later.
My National Guard Brigade was deployed 3 months after 9/11 to help augment force security at bases in Germany and Italy.
The night IU played Duke, I was on duty. As the Sergeant of the guard, I had to go periodically to the Emergency Operation Center to see if anything had changed. They were watching the game and I saw IU was down by 17. As i walked out the door, I said "well it looks like my team is going to lose.
An hour later, the EOC Sergeant gets on the radio and calls to tell me IU won. I really didnt believe him until mu son calls me on my cellphone and tells me they won. I started to dance around.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk