Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

Lauren Gustin staying at BYU.  That was short, sweet and cute…and she got that out of her system.  Excellent decision and good for her.

I wonder how many ladies in transfer portal improved their respective situations?  Couple examples:

North Carolina added another 5 star guard from Stanford after adding Donarski.

Van Lith at LSU 

Parrish, Scalia, Bargesser and Meister are competing on Saturday in the USA Basketball 3X Nationals in Colorado Springs. They are in Pool A. They play Duke at 11am eastern, Middle Tennesse at 2:35pm eastern, then Seaton Hall at 7:05pm eastern.  Quarterfinals, Semi-finals, and Finals are on Sunday.

Full schedule here USA Basketball 2023 3X Nationals (fiba3x3.com)

Parrish, Scalia, Bargesser and Meister are competing on Saturday in the USA Basketball 3X Nationals in Colorado Springs. They are in Pool A. They play Duke at 11am eastern, Middle Tennesse at 2:35pm eastern, then Seaton Hall at 7:05pm eastern.  Quarterfinals, Semi-finals, and Finals are on Sunday.
Full schedule here USA Basketball 2023 3X Nationals (fiba3x3.com)

Lost 21-8

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, GoHoosiers1996 said:

They got smoked - couldn’t hit a shot and made a lot of passing errors. 

Bargesser’s jump shot is weird and bad. Saw her in the Hall during warmups; needs a complete re-tool for her to be a functional jump shooter.

The way several and maybe many teams have worked the transfer portal this year…it is going to be challenging for 2023-2024 to win another 28 games and get to an elite 8 even though that is a tall order for any one season….maybe the 2 freshman can step up and make solid contributions along with Bargesser, Sandvic and Meister, stay injury free and IU Ladies work some MAGIC.

21 hours ago, TTT said:

The way several and maybe many teams have worked the transfer portal this year…it is going to be challenging for 2023-2024 to win another 28 games and get to an elite 8 even though that is a tall order for any one season….maybe the 2 freshman can step up and make solid contributions along with Bargesser, Sandvic and Meister, stay injury free and IU Ladies work some MAGIC.

It's 3 on 3 basketball in May...I wouldn't read too much into it. The real games don't start for over 6 months. 

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

It's 3 on 3 basketball in May...I wouldn't read too much into it. The real games don't start for over 6 months. 

I actually agree with that.  Athletically and looking good (Parrish as usual looked pretty good) IU Ladies that participated obviously this weekend didn’t measure up vs competition.  Structure and Coaching needed which they will get.

11 minutes ago, TTT said:

I actually agree with that.  Athletically and looking good (Parrish as usual looked pretty good) IU Ladies that participated obviously this weekend didn’t measure up vs competition.  Structure and Coaching needed which they will get.

Just fuel for the fire and a humbling of sorts.  Neither are bad things for a motivated group of athletes. 

20 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That is very, very bad news for IUWBB