Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

Just now, TTT said:

Meister did very well this year and was excellent in her playing time.  However, it remains to be seen how well she could actually carry the load as Holmes full time replacement. If IU could get another big where each player could share in that might make for opponents something to contend with much in IU Ladies favor.

The right transfer portal player can always be used by almost if not all 100% of teams.  The key word is ATTITUDE fitting into program Culture.

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Holmes being true to her word.  Expected as much.  What a GREAT Gal!!! and I expect Scalia to be much improved!!!

Just now, TTT said:

I think several IU Ladies players will be improved Parrish being one of them (natural ability gamer).  Parrish should write the Refs office to quit picking on her with fouls.  

IU Ladies basketball needs 6 or 7 starters.  This means when 6 and 7 play there is 0 drop off at that particular position in play.  (Only exception would when Holmes is at her best or near best as first team all American).  This means 1 big player and a Berger type player plug in as Lexi Donarski type player comes to mind.  So it means probably a couple from the transfer portal to sustain or maintain championship status.

Starters: Scalia, Parrish, Moore-McNeil, Garzon, and Holmes 

And then there are a couple current IU Ladies on the bench that can push for minutes or be one of the 6 or 7….but though freshman coming in will take time and the current bench is still improving.  Bargesser wasn’t quite as quick or fast as she once was in high school due to high school leg injury.  Maybe that continues to improve.  
(Also have to take into account dents, dings, or injuries and etc)…Deep rosters can sometimes get a little thin or not as deep as thought 

I felt love for K.B. as well thru are dents, dings, and injuries….to me key is she referred to conversation with T. M…. thinking and expecting significant things coming from transfer portal meaning 2 or 3 players regarding any and or all positions.

I agree that her playing time was going to be limited and minimal.  Also dealt with a number of injuries that impacted her career.  When she did play she always gave it 100% effort.   Really wish her well and a great landing spot to finish out her college career.  Thank you Kiandra.

51 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Staley got women's COY. 

Election fraud, without a doubt! 

Pistol Cate Clark POY….leads team in scoring, assists, 10 second line shots misses and makes, complaining, crazy passes to Cznano who catches them, and turnovers, interview talk, leads Iowa in everything….I expect Iowa to run up and down the floor with SC.  Pulling for big 10 school and Clark company.  It would reaffirm T. Moren saying big ten is best conference….Arguably.