Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

All naysayers regarding Clark….She can’t help it that she is that good and can back up her play because whatever team she played for would be a fan and program love feast.  (only exception would be a player/s and family who may want more playing time regardless of winning which applies to many or almost all programs).

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

This sounds like something Caitlin Clark would say about Caitlin Clark.

Well, what’s the first thing that you think about when Iowa offense crosses the half court (10 second line??? Answer:CAITLIN CLARK.

8 minutes ago, GoHoosiers1996 said:

Thank you. Is there any chatter on portal targets? Any opinions on what we need?

My opinion is we need another athlete who can guard besides CMM. We have a bunch of shooters and all-American post. But we have trouble guarding athletes that Ohio St has and Miami had IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My opinion is we need another athlete who can guard besides CMM. We have a bunch of shooters and all-American post. But we have trouble guarding athletes that Ohio St has and Miami had IMO. 

Exactly this. Two athletes if possible.  Just wish I knew more about the prospect scene.  

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

...sounds a little like IU men, minus TJD next year and a bunch of shooters. IU women have legit shooters, IU men not so much.

34 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Has been mildly interesting that there have been a lot of women entering the portal and I've yet to see us mentioned in connection with any of them.  

We're losing Grace and Alyssa, and have two recruits -- Beaumont and LaMendola -- coming in. Do we even have room for transfers? 

Scalia and Mack are coming back for a fifth (COVID) year. I can't recall: Will they count against our allotted 13 schollys? Could we conceivably take in a couple transfers? 

IU Ladies Staff are very in house about injuries, player status and TRANSFER PORTAL RECRUITING until things are close to or finalized…last year it was like towards end of the first week in April.Arizona has a 6 ‘5 in portal and Minnesota has a 6’2” in portal and Michigan State has a 6’ in portal.  
Who is a 100 % buy in to IU Ladies Program culture? No negatives on culture are welcome.  Just positives to keep stair stepping north to championship/s.

would 6 ‘5” (some injuries) be willing to play behind Holmes for a year and share situational time with L.M.?  Mack needs a no injury year!

52 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Has been mildly interesting that there have been a lot of women entering the portal and I've yet to see us mentioned in connection with any of them.  

I don't think we have any mins available, truthfully. 

1 minute ago, TTT said:

IU Ladies Staff are very in house about injuries, player status and TRANSFER PORTAL RECRUITING until things are close to or finalized…last year it was like towards end of the first week in April.Arizona has a 6 ‘5 in portal and Minnesota has a 6’2” in portal and Michigan State has a 6’ in portal.  
Who is a 100 % buy in to IU Ladies Program culture? No negatives on culture are welcome.  Just positives to keep stair stepping north to championship/s.

Would Ekh MSU buy into a plug in for not Grace…but a defensive stopper, and a role player on a championship team probably coming off bench and again IU Ladies could have 6 or 7 level starters whether off the bench or starting.  Keeps players on toes and competitive.  Ekh is very efficient offensively 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't think we have any mins available, truthfully. 

Championship dominant teams have minutes available for to 8 deep and situational circumstances 9 deep to keep level of play in tact.  Culture attitudes about this has to be norm.

35 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

We're losing Grace and Alyssa, and have two recruits -- Beaumont and LaMendola -- coming in. Do we even have room for transfers? 

Scalia and Mack are coming back for a fifth (COVID) year. I can't recall: Will they count against our allotted 13 schollys? Could we conceivably take in a couple transfers? 

Women college basketball is allotted 15 scholarships 

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Championship dominant teams have minutes available for to 8 deep and situational circumstances 9 deep to keep level of play in tact.  Culture attitudes about this has to be norm.

CMM, Scalia, Holmes, Parrish, Yarden, Meister.. Top 6... 

I think Henna and Lexus are the 7th and 8th girls... then you add in 2 FR, and I'd think the odds are that one of those two will be ready to contribute, as well. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

CMM, Scalia, Holmes, Parrish, Yarden, Meister.. Top 6... 

I think Henna and Lexus are the 7th and 8th girls... then you add in 2 FR, and I'd think the odds are that one of those two will be ready to contribute, as well. 

It seems like we are in a place where we could invest in a transfer with 2-3 years eligibility for the post-Holmes era.  I see it less likely that we would bring in a grad transfer.  Whoever comes in needs to fit our culture and what our offense and defense will look like next year. 

1 minute ago, Todd41 said:

It seems like we are in a place where we could invest in a transfer with 2-3 years eligibility for the post-Holmes era.  I see it less likely that we would bring in a grad transfer.  Whoever comes in needs to fit our culture and what our offense and defense will look like next year. 

I dont want anyone that might take mins from Meister. I think she is going to be VERY good. 

Just now, btownqb said:

I dont want anyone that might take mins from Meister. I think she is going to be VERY good. 

My preference would be to pick up someone with 3 years, sits most of this year and develops behind Holmes/Meister.  Then when Meister takes over, they can come off the bench for Meister.