Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

Her time in Bloomington was so brief I'd totally forgotten about her.

Raoul -

Hearing that former Indiana WBB player Paige Price (6-2 SG/W, Melbourne, Australia) has entered her name into the portal, with three years of eligibility; she was part of the Hoosiers' 2021 recruiting class, enrolled early, and later returned home, where she rehabbed an injury.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Her time in Bloomington was so brief I'd totally forgotten about her.

Raoul -

Hearing that former Indiana WBB player Paige Price (6-2 SG/W, Melbourne, Australia) has entered her name into the portal, with three years of eligibility; she was part of the Hoosiers' 2021 recruiting class, enrolled early, and later returned home, where she rehabbed an injury.

How does that work…could she come back to IU?  Or another college? Or is she pro status ineligible?

Are more teams playing in the sweet 16 and or elite eight that played more cupcake schedules vs the teams that played tougher schedules…maybe peaking with fresher bodies and legs??? Is it an advantage to play an easier cupcake pre-conference schedule with a couple tougher opponents and improve vs a lot more tough opponents and just a couple cupcakes??? It is a long regular season and then conference tournament going into March Madness.

Are more teams playing in the sweet 16 and or elite eight that played more cupcake schedules vs the teams that played tougher schedules…maybe peaking with fresher bodies and legs??? Is it an advantage to play an easier cupcake pre-conference schedule with a couple tougher opponents and improve vs a lot more tough opponents and just a couple cupcakes??? It is a long regular season and then conference tournament going into March Madness.

I don’t think so. But. IU rides it’s starters pretty hard. Most teams do I suppose. I think it only matters in case of nagging injuries or worse. Holmes knee was a factor and then our poor start and generally uncharacteristic defensive effort.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

UConn losing to Ohio State. This bracket opened up perfectly for IU… giphy.gif

The bracket didn’t need to open up.  The IU Ladies are absent.  IU Ladies could have beat any teams in tournament at their best or close to their best…however, they could have also lost to any of them if they got to far from their best which they did.  Vs Miami… IU became a little introverted and tightened up and Miami who is a good team played off the crowd and moment extroverted and confidently loose.

The bracket didn’t need to open up.  The IU Ladies are absent.

It would have been perfect if IU didn’t lay an egg. UConn was the one team I was nervous about playing on this side of the bracket. Little did I know…

7 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

It would have been perfect if IU didn’t lay an egg. UConn was the one team I was nervous about playing on this side of the bracket. Little did I know…

Several teams lay eggs in March Madness.  It’s painful when it hits home…. And so much fun for foxes who raid the coop.

10 hours ago, GoHoosiers1996 said:

I know we are losing Berger and Geary and have two freshman recruits coming in. I thought I read that we still have two more scholarships - is that true? Please respond if you know. Thanks!

Yes, Kaitlin Peterson left team mid season to Central Florida and IU Ladies we’re already one player below scholarship limit.  IU Ladies have 2 scholarships available the way things currently stand.