Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

7 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I haven't heard or read anything at all and likely won't until the day before our first NCAA game at the earliest.  

Actually, if Holmes is playing no one outside program (fans) won’t really know anything until observing her play in game to game and as competition gets more difficult.

19 minutes ago, pappy1865 said:

Um. I really hate ESPN.

SmartSelect_20230313_175922_ESPN.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

Not sure why that even matters, none of these teams that won championships are the same team except SC.  Stanford has some but not all the parts from their 2021 team. 

Here is a list of the past winners. Of the 40 tournaments held, there have only been 15 different winners. Here is the list with number of titles. 

Connecticut 11
Tennessee 8
Stanford 3
Baylor 3
South Carolina 2
Notre Dame 2
Louisiana Tech 2
USC 2
Texas A&M 1
Maryland 1
Purdue 1
North Carolina 1
Texas Tech 1
Texas 1
Old Dominion 1

Not sure why that even matters, none of these teams that won championships are the same team except SC.  Stanford has some but not all the parts from their 2021 team. 
Here is a list of the past winners. Of the 40 tournaments held, there have only been 15 different winners. Here is the list with number of titles. 
Connecticut 11
Tennessee 8
Stanford 3
Baylor 3
South Carolina 2
Notre Dame 2
Louisiana Tech 2
USC 2
Texas A&M 1
Maryland 1
Purdue 1
North Carolina 1
Texas Tech 1
Texas 1
Old Dominion 1
Was just pointing out the fact they got the coach wrong. A little respect and research from the writer wouldn't be too much to ask.

3 hours ago, pappy1865 said:

Was just pointing out the fact they got the coach wrong. A little respect and research from the writer wouldn't be too much to ask.

I could be wrong, but I think the ESPN writer is saying that:

• The Greenville 2 Region is the only region that doesn't have a team that's won a national championship in its region
  • LSU and their coach Kim Mulkey are in the Greenville 2 Region with IU
  • Mulkey has won three championships, but those were at Baylor, so:
  • No teams in the Greenville 2 Region are coached by coaches who have won a national championship at their current school

It's confusingly worded, though, and I had to reread "the Hoosiers have a three-time champion coach in LSU's Kim Mulkey" part a few times to be sure of what they were trying to say. Might have been clearer to say something like "lurking in their region" right after that bit.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Wonder if we might go after another Minnesota transfer.  Sara Scalia would have good things to say about her experience.

Alanna Micheaux (6-2 SO forward, Wayne, MI) has announced that she's entering her name into the portal, out of Minnesota WBB; 2022-23 stats: 13.8 PPG, 7.9 RPG

A really interesting player.  After reading some things about her it seems she has characteristics as that are consistent with IU Ladies basketball culture….Hard worker….and thoughtful in recruiting process.  IU Ladies could really use the depth.  
Question is would she be willing to come off the bench and playing a lot (20 to 25 minutes…maybe more minutes depending on performance)??  Thinking about (a few teams like UCONN for example) that’s kinda what they have on bench and incoming recruits in their programs.  Not that many programs but those at the top every year or most years factoring in injuries and etc.

IU Ladies need another big girl from transfer portal as well…6’4” that can play some or a little for next year.