Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

I think the question is what is needed for IU to keep the 1 seed? I think a win this Sunday will do it regardless of what happens in BTT. If IU loses Sunday, I think they can still get a 1 seed with a BTT championship appearance despite the result. Although, I think they may be “sweating” those two losses on Selection Sunday if that were to be the case.
I think the only way IU is off the 1 line is your scenario and LSU beats S Carolina in the SEC title game.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, tomallenfan1 said:

I think the question is what is needed for IU to keep the 1 seed? I think a win this Sunday will do it regardless of what happens in BTT. If IU loses Sunday, I think they can still get a 1 seed with a BTT championship appearance despite the result. Although, I think they may be “sweating” those two losses on Selection Sunday if that were to be the case.

IU will stay A one seed unless they lose to BOTH Iowa and the Friday in the Big Ten Tourney in which case they could fall to a 2 seed.

Now there is a different question that needs to be asked that is of incredible importance. What needs to be examined is what the team needs to do to stay a one seed in Greenville and avoid South Carolina until national championship game rather than being shipped to Seattle or facing South Carolina in Final Four.

With that said, It makes zero difference if Indiana is the second or third one seed if they are passed by ONLY Stanford OR Utah (but not both) as team would still get Greenville as third one seed as the Cardinal or Utes would get Seattle as the second one seed and still avoid SC till final game. The key is to stay in front of Iowa, Maryland, LSU, and UConn for second one seed, so team does not get shipped to Seattle for Sweet 16 or Elite 8. Most importantly do not get past by two teams so you fall to fourth one seed and end up facing Gamecocks in semi finals rather than for national championship. I am confident IU is at least even with every other squad I mentioned above with their best game and superior to everyone else in college basketball not discussed in this post at their maximum.  SC at their peak is five points better than Indiana so avoid them as long as possible (it does not mean our squad cannot win, it just means it is the only time you are starting out with an ever so slight disadvantage). 

For the Hoosiers to feel comfortable to remain as the second number one seed in Greenville, they either need to get to the Finals of the Big Ten Tournament if they lose this Sunday to Iowa or to Saturday of conference tourney if they beat the Hawkeyes this weekend. Otherwise it will be close as to whether they are second or third one seed (or lower) and every ideal scenario as I described above. It will depend on what these other teams I mentioned do to close here as well. 

IU is several losses better than everyone else besides South Carolina they are competing with and you are knocking them off a one seed way to easily in fear. What I described in all of this is accurate.

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

IU will stay A one seed unless they lose to BOTH Iowa and the Friday in the Big Ten Tourney in which case they could fall to a 2 seed.

Now there is a different question that needs to be asked that is of incredible importance. What needs to be examined is what the team needs to do to stay a one seed in Greenville and avoid South Carolina until national championship game rather than being shipped to Seattle or facing South Carolina in Final Four.

With that said, It makes zero difference if Indiana is the second or third one seed if they are passed by ONLY Stanford OR Utah (but not both) as team would still get Greenville as third one seed as the Cardinal or Utes would get Seattle as the second one seed and still avoid SC till final game. The key is to stay in front of Iowa, Maryland, LSU, and UConn for second one seed, so team does not get shipped to Seattle for Sweet 16 or Elite 8. Most importantly do not get past by two teams so you fall to fourth one seed and end up facing Gamecocks in semi finals rather than for national championship. I am confident IU is at least even with every other squad I mentioned above with their best game and superior to everyone else in college basketball not discussed in this post at their maximum.  SC at their peak is five points better than Indiana so avoid them as long as possible (it does not mean our squad cannot win, it just means it is the only time you are starting out with an ever so slight disadvantage). 

For the Hoosiers to feel comfortable to remain as the second number one seed in Greenville, they either need to get to the Finals of the Big Ten Tournament if they lose this Sunday to Iowa or to Saturday of conference tourney if they beat the Hawkeyes this weekend. Otherwise it will be close as to whether they are second or third one seed (or lower) and every ideal scenario as I described above. It will depend on what these other teams I mentioned do to close here as well. 

IU is several losses better than everyone else besides South Carolina they are competing with and you are knocking them off a one seed way to easily in fear. What I described in all of this is accurate.

I have more of a nonsensical answer…and I don’t care when to play S. Carolina.  Schedule a game with S.C. tomorrow night before the Iowa game if you want.  IU Ladies go 10 and 0 from here on the rest of this season.  And as big ten regular season champs IU Ladies have the responsibility to represent IU and the big ten to do their best to start this journey by beating Iowa at Iowa this Sunday.  Don’t look ahead… next game only one game at a time.

(Maryland is currently playing well)

(S.C., IU, Iowa, Maryland, UCONN, Utah etc…more than a couple top 10 teams will get upset by elite 8 and LSU will probably get beat that by many would be called an upset except not me.

Don’t be scared and play not to lose but play to win.  Go 10 wins and 0 losses.  IU Ladies basketball problem solved.

I'm with TTT, with one caveat. I'd prefer the women not have to travel to Seattle, though if we're playing another East/Midwest opponent there? Bring it on.

For me? I wish we could play South Carolina in the first round - get them out of the way and keep the train rolling. Let those two oversized centers single cover Mac and let's roll.

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm with TTT, with one caveat. I'd prefer the women not have to travel to Seattle, though if we're playing another East/Midwest opponent there? Bring it on.

For me? I wish we could play South Carolina in the first round - get them out of the way and keep the train rolling. Let those two oversized centers single cover Mac and let's roll.

It all comes down to your either good enough or not…and their is usually a little luck or unlucky involved…but overthinking is useless…No need to wish this or that…or be scared…IU Ladies are Champs…26 and 1…and with Grace Berger undefeated.

16 minutes ago, TTT said:

It all comes down to your either good enough or not…and their is usually a little luck or unlucky involved…but overthinking is useless…No need to wish this or that…or be scared…IU Ladies are Champs…26 and 1…and with Grace Berger undefeated.

South Carolina should be scared

24 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

Stanford loses. I feel fairly confident about a 1 seed for IU regardless of what happens in the next week.

UConn barely squeaked by DePaul this afternoon.  Pretty confident if we beat Iowa, especially with a little bit of a margin, we’ll pass them both in the NET.

Despite the loss to Iowa, we stand pat. 

Fp_fzkkXgAAQArB?format=jpg%26name=small&key=01a4f8e2c1969c1334bc7323e5d576802b55a5ed87c3afc3c2e13d60a578ebc1

Always an interesting journey through comments after AP polls are released.

Iowa fans are furious IU did not drop after yesterday as well as Iowa dropping 1 spot (forgetting they were destroyed earlier in the week).

South Carolina fans are making fun of the voter last week who voted IU #1 saying that losing on a buzzer beater to a top 6 team on the road validates IU being bad at basketball.

1 hour ago, tomallenfan1 said:

Always an interesting journey through comments after AP polls are released.

Iowa fans are furious IU did not drop after yesterday as well as Iowa dropping 1 spot (forgetting they were destroyed earlier in the week).

South Carolina fans are making fun of the voter last week who voted IU #1 saying that losing on a buzzer beater to a top 6 team on the road validates IU being bad at basketball.

I’ve talked to enough Iowa fans to conclude it’s the worst fan base in the country.  And that’s saying a lot, given what I think of Purdue’s and Ohio State’s, lol.

1 hour ago, tomallenfan1 said:

LOL, so predictable. 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised the SEC craziness would extend to women's sports. I actually saw a comment from someone last week saying that even though the Big Ten had six ranked teams to the SEC's two, there was no metric by which the Big Ten was better. 

9 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

LOL, so predictable. 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised the SEC craziness would extend to women's sports. I actually saw a comment from someone last week saying that even though the Big Ten had six ranked teams to the SEC's two, there was no metric by which the Big Ten was better. 

SEC fans live in a football bubble.

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Off topic, but is UConn still missing players? Saw they beat Xavier 60-51 tonight, and they were at home. Xavier is 0-20 in the Big East. 

I believe their two best players are still out.

Bueckers and Fudd?