Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

following on

“It’s nothing against South Carolina, but the Big Ten is incredibly strong this season and Indiana has played a tougher conference schedule,” voter Mitchell Northam said. “While the Gamecocks needed OT to get by Ole Miss, the Hoosiers handily beat ranked teams in Ohio State and Michigan this past week. I wanted to reward them for that. Indiana also has five wins against top 10 teams this season, the most in the country, and hasn’t lost since Grace Berger has been healthy.”

On 2/13/2023 at 11:19 AM, LamarCheeks said:

Since Sunday's game is extra special -- our very first sellout (the whole arena, not just the lower bowl), our home finale and we play the hated PUs -- let's pull out all the stops and bring back IU grad Jim Cornelison for the national anthem. 

He's amazing. 

A guy named Rusty has sung the national anthem a few times this season. He did it yesterday and against Iowa. My brother is friends with him. He said that Teri likes him singing national anthem because she has never lost at IU when he sings. He does a good job. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

A guy named Rusty has sung the national anthem a few times this season. He did it yesterday and against Iowa. My brother is friends with him. He said that Teri likes him singing national anthem because she has never lost at IU when he sings. He does a good job. 

He did really well yesterday. My wife and I both mentioned it. I was digging the IU hockey jersey, as well. 

24 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

He's getting eviscerated by South Carolina fans for not voting them #1. Twitter is just unbelievable these days. It's amazing what people can get upset about. 

It’s only a problem if 

1) He reads the responses, AND

2) He cares even a little.

Ima gonna guess he’s a ‘yes’ to #1, and a ‘heck no’ to #2.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

It’s only a problem if 

1) He reads the responses, AND

2) He cares even a little.

Ima gonna guess he’s a ‘yes’ to #1, and a ‘heck no’ to #2.

Two teams in top 25 in SEC does not make for a strong conference and the best two teams only played each other once.

From ESPN.  

STRUGGLING SEC

The conference has two of the top five teams in South Carolina and LSU, but no other school is ranked. With three polls left in the season, the SEC is in danger of not having at least three teams ranked in the final AP Top 25 for the first time since the 1980-81 season, when the conference had only two.

1 hour ago, RPO said:

Probably not a big deal in terms of seeding for the tournament, but we're up to #3 in the NET rankings (formerly #5 prior to Sunday's game, but we've now passed LSU and Stanford): https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-net-rankings

Noticed that this morning, as well. 

Indiana's best 13 wins vs. So Carolina's best 13 wins

7- Iowa  l 2- UCONN

14- OSU  l  4- LSU

14- OSU  l 5- Stanford

15- Maryland  l 15 Maryland

16- Tennessee l 23 Bama

19- Michigan l 24 UCLA

19- Michigan l 27 Ole Miss

26- UNC l 37 UGA

35- Illinois l 38 Miss St

35- Illinois  l  47 Ark

45- Purdue l 52 Missouri

45-Purdue  l 64 Clemson

50- Nebraska  l 80 Auburn 

Of note... Indiana still gets 6 Iowa on Sunday and So Carolina gets 16 Tennessee on Thurs. 

12 hours ago, RPO said:

Probably not a big deal in terms of seeding for the tournament, but we're up to #3 in the NET rankings (formerly #5 prior to Sunday's game, but we've now passed LSU and Stanford): https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-net-rankings

Might get to #2 tomorrow, UConn lost to the Johnettes tonight

Nebraska women just went into Illinois and beat the #25 Illini by 33 points....on senior night.

IU women will face the winner of the 8/9 game in the BTT.  With the Nebraska win, it is becoming increasingly likely it will be between Nebraska and Michigan State.

I think the question is what is needed for IU to keep the 1 seed? I think a win this Sunday will do it regardless of what happens in BTT. If IU loses Sunday, I think they can still get a 1 seed with a BTT championship appearance despite the result. Although, I think they may be “sweating” those two losses on Selection Sunday if that were to be the case.

36 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

I think the question is what is needed for IU to keep the 1 seed? I think a win this Sunday will do it regardless of what happens in BTT. If IU loses Sunday, I think they can still get a 1 seed with a BTT championship appearance despite the result. Although, I think they may be “sweating” those two losses on Selection Sunday if that were to be the case.

My thought only and nothing to do with seeding …don’t lose another game the rest of season and post season.  WIN ALL OF THEM.