Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

More recognition for Mack.  

Here are the 21 on the watch list (B10 in bold by me).  9 of the 21 are from four teams (UConn has 3, Stanford, Iowa, South Carolina have 2 each).

Aliyah Boston, South Carolina (6-5, Sr., F, St. Thomas, USVI)
Cameron Brink, Stanford (6-4, Jr., F, Beaverton, Ore.)
Caitlin Clark, Iowa (6-0, Jr., G, West Des Moines, Iowa)
Zia Cooke, South Carolina (5-9, Sr., G, Toledo, Ohio)
Monika Czinano, Iowa, (6-3, 5th, F/C, Watertown, Minn.)
Aaliyah Edwards, UConn (6-3, Jr., F, Kingston, Ont.)
Dulcy Fankam Mendijadeu, South Florida, (6-4, Sr., F, Nkongsamba, Cameroon)
Azzi Fudd, UConn (5-11, So., G, Arlington, Va.)
Mackenzie Holmes, Indiana (6-3, Sr., F, Gorham, Maine)
Haley Jones, Stanford (6-1, Sr., G, Santa Cruz, Calif.)
Elizabeth Kitley, Virginia Tech (6-6, Sr., C, Summerfield, N.C.)
Ta’Niya Latson, Florida State (5-8, Fr., G, Miami, Fla.)
Olivia Miles, Notre Dame (5-10, So., G, Phillipsburg, N.J.)
Diamond Miller, Maryland (6-3, Sr., G, Somerset, N.J.)
Aneesah Morrow, DePaul (6-1, So., F, Chicago, Ill.)
Nika Mühl, UConn (5-10, Jr., G, Zagreb, Croatia)
Charisma Osborne, UCLA (5-9, Sr., G, Moreno Valley, Calif.)
Alissa Pili, Utah (6-2, Jr., F, Anchorage, Alaska)
Angel Reese, LSU (6-3, So., F, Baltimore, Md.)
Maddie Siegrist, Villanova (6-1, Sr., F, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.)
Keishana Washington, Drexel (5-7, Gr., G, Pickering, Ont.)

Lexus B and Lilly Meister were both good yesterday. UW isn't good, but they clearly have improved. 

Grace Berger is an all-time great... but if a couple girls come back to school, CMM keeps improving and LB can play 20-25mins in games where we need another ball handler and be solid..

I think we're even better next year. 

Parrish, CMM, Garzon, Holmes, Scalia, LB, Sandvik, Meister. I think that's an EXCELLENT 8. 

42 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lexus B and Lilly Meister were both good yesterday. UW isn't good, but they clearly have improved. 

Grace Berger is an all-time great... but if a couple girls come back to school, CMM keeps improving and LB can play 20-25mins in games where we need another ball handler and be solid..

I think we're even better next year. 

Parrish, CMM, Garzon, Holmes, Scalia, LB, Sandvik, Meister. I think that's an EXCELLENT 8. 

The freshman class of Meister, Garzon, Bargesser, and Sandvik alone likely guarantees we’ll be a top 25 team for the next three+ years 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

NOT JUST B1G FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK BUT THE NATIONAL FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK!

Kinda like a young Larry Bird in play characteristics.

12 minutes ago, Pudman said:

At the Bloomington Faculty Council meeting today, Dolson presented and said that the women’s team has an average gpa of 3.62. That’s simple amazing. And that Grace Berger recently had a journal published. Also amazing!

Was the journal a scientific study of the mid-range jumper? (cause it should be)

Quick and easy questions:

I may be in Bloomington for next Thursday night's IUWBB game against Ohio State. It looks like only "general admission" tickets are available on-line. 

• Is it that easy - pay your $10 at the door for general admission/first come first serve as the primary best way to buy tickets for IUWBB?
  • Say they get 10,000 for this top ten matchup. How early before the game does one need to get there to sit in good seats (say, below row 25)?

Thanks all

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Quick and easy questions:

I may be in Bloomington for next Thursday night's IUWBB game against Ohio State. It looks like only "general admission" tickets are available on-line. 

• Is it that easy - pay your $10 at the door for general admission/first come first serve as the primary best way to buy tickets for IUWBB?
  • Say they get 10,000 for this top ten matchup. How early before the game does one need to get there to sit in good seats (say, below row 25)?

Thanks all

We'll be there.

Hope they break the attendance record set earlier.This team and coach deserve it.We bought ours earlier but since it's general admission I'd say at least 40 minutes or so.

FYI 

We went to the Wisconsin game last Sunday. It was about 40 minutes before tipoff. I have women’s season tickets so we went right in and sat row 13. I did notice the line of fans purchasing tickets. They were lined up out the doors. I would suggest you purchase your ticket on line. 

50 minutes ago, LockdownD said:

FYI 

We went to the Wisconsin game last Sunday. It was about 40 minutes before tipoff. I have women’s season tickets so we went right in and sat row 13. I did notice the line of fans purchasing tickets. They were lined up out the doors. I would suggest you purchase your ticket on line. 

But the whole Hall is general admission once you’re in, right?

On 1/17/2023 at 4:17 PM, Pudman said:

At the Bloomington Faculty Council meeting today, Dolson presented and said that the women’s team has an average gpa of 3.62. That’s simple amazing. And that Grace Berger recently had a journal article published. Also amazing!

That doesn't surprise me though. These ladies execute at a high level, while still impressive, it's just par for the course for this group. 

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

T. Moren (one thing that is great about her and like B.K. and other great coaches) IU Ladies beat Rutgers rather handily. T. Moren was happy to get win.  However, noted…concerned about focus before game, playing uphill a lot of the game, and lack of defense effectiveness etc they IU Ladies are going to work on rather than rah rah and happy happy happy. 
# 4 will work and IU Ladies need to win out starting with Minnesota.

I think IU Ladies match up well with A.R., Mulky and LSU if that were to be…would expect an IU Ladies defensive strategy and good offense.

No comment on IU match up with S.C.or (Stanford vs IU Ladies; an interesting matchup)

Looking for Tennessee win over LSU.