Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

11 hours ago, TTT said:

Has anyone else noticed how great a leader, on and off court, media posts and a caring ambassador teammate for IU women basketball that MacKenzie Holmes represents.  I have.  

I'm pretty excited about this team and Mackenzie is a big reason why.Seeing her run into the stands after the Princeton game was one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed in the hall.

Love her.

I don’t know anything about how tv contracts work.  However, I wish an Indiana tv station like channel 23 (My Indy) and IU Women basketball program using IU announcers would work out a deal to televise games along with the IU women radio station that aren’t shown on the major tv channels.  (Kinda like Stokley Van Kamp sponsored the Indianapolis Indians or Chesty potato chips and Butler basketball in the 1960’s).  My Indy shows high school sports.  I am not sure if it would affect women basketball attendance up or down or remain the same.  I do think given a little promotion there would be a viewership audience.

More IU women basketball program coverage is always welcome in all areas.  However, I am not sure how T. Moren prefers it (maybe she likes it just the way it is and I respect that because it may be for the best)…. I would love to read about more activity progress relating to future recruits and recruiting regarding IU Ladies basketball program.  It is very easy to find it on men’s side.  Having said this there may just not be that much to report.  I know that bits and pieces can be dug up on internet.  I know that IU Ladies basketball program has to work long and hard regarding recruiting and high level success can’t be argued.

Regarding Garzon she should be a GREAT IU  Lady basketball player.  I am looking forward to seeing her play beginning this year as a freshman.

However, I am not sure how PU reference is viewed by big ten and other big ten players and schools.  She may have not even had anything to do with it.