Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

Can we start--- 

PG Berger

SG Scalia 

SF Parrish 

PF McNeil

C Holmes? Is that enough size and rebounding? Can Berger handle PG duties? I think she would be a mismatch for a lot of people with her height and strength. 

Little worried about Parrish and Scalia defensively. McNeil just needs to be guarding the other teams best player... everyone else can focus offensively then. 

IU women basketball midgets lol for top 20 team.  However, a positive is flexible to match up.  There could be 6 starters (Geary needs to be in mix).  Happiness is going to depend on how much Geary, Yarden Garzon, Scalia, and Parrish buys in defensively.  Holmes, McNeil, Berger know defense expectations.  Without Geary playing significant role IU will be to short. It will be interesting to watch the learning curve for this team to gel.  Possibilities and flexibility.

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Providence transfer Alyssa Geary is reportedly 6'4" so may be hard to  keep her off the court.

What can she give you offensively? Her, Holmes, Parrish on the court together might be too slowed footed anyway. 

I think thats your starting 5, and hope Geary and the FR PG can be your 7. 

Geary is also an older experienced solid player who gets the opportunity to play with a lot of talent around her that she never had before.  McNeil can just be as important as anyone as utility player on wing, guard or even maybe inside as needed.  And then there’s Brown behind Holmes.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What can she give you offensively? Her, Holmes, Parrish on the court together might be too slowed footed anyway. 

I think thats your starting 5, and hope Geary and the FR PG can be your 7. 

Geary's last 2 years at Providence:  9.5 PPG and 4.2 RPG in 2021-22, 11.4 PPG and 4.8 RPG in 2020-21.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Geary's last 2 years at Providence:  9.5 PPG and 4.2 RPG in 2021-22, 11.4 PPG and 4.8 RPG in 2020-21.

Thats solid. We can still probably get that off the bench. Its not that she can't start..  it's if she does, McNeil goes to the bench and I am not sure how you defend on the perimeter. Its a good problem to have, but Berger and Scalia might be exposed some, if so. 

I'll admit-- not watched a minute of Scalia. Maybe she's a great defender, not sure. If Geary has Gulbe skill, no problem at all, plug and play... if she is closer to Holmes, though, seems like she would need to come off the bench. 

I have a thing against slow footed people. 

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

Geary is also an older experienced solid player who gets the opportunity to play with a lot of talent around her that she never had before.  McNeil can just be as important as anyone as utility player on wing, guard or even maybe inside as needed.  And then there’s Brown behind Holmes.

If McNeil doesn't start... one of Berger or Scalia guards the other teams best player. That worries me. 

Depth (as long as team stays healthy):  That’s why Parrish and Garzon will have to be ready and buy in defensively…Parrish can put up some points.  Renewed player.

10 minutes ago, TTT said:

Depth (as long as team stays healthy):  That’s why Parrish and Garzon will have to be ready and buy in defensively…Parrish can put up some points.  Renewed player.

If Garzon can play..  we're flat out LOADED. 

I assume T.Moren and staff will have Scalia playing great defense along with her offensive game and Scalia probably has the right attitude to do it.  Yes, this team seems to have a lot of help coming from everywhere (if it stays healthy).  The secret will be putting it all together.

Went with well rounded highly qualified experience with success.  (point guard, defense, coaching different positions and enough experience to be a head coach).  Great for make up of 2022-2023 Ladies to bring and gel the talent together in their respective roles.  Great hire.

SIAP - Moren's Gold Medal with USA as asst coach

https://sports.yahoo.com/teri-moren-wins-gold-usa-090121834.html#:~:text=Teri Moren wins gold with USA at FIBA U18 Women's Championships,-Megan Kramper&text=Indiana head coach Teri Moren,Saturday%2C March 19%2C 2022.

Women's team, under Moren, is becoming a genuinely elite program. 

Maybe the men are too under Woodson. Having both elite, and with a bright future ahead, would (will) be special.