Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

34 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I kind of assumed she would be after her comments following the UConn game. 

I did also, but when possible first round WNBA money will probably be thrown at her you never know. Naz Hillmon left without using her COVID year to be a fringe first round pick. I have no idea if she felt as loyal to UM as Holmes does to IU, but when you can be a high pick things can change.

If Holmes were not a WNBA talent I would say 100% she is using her COVID year and I think that is her plan now, but she is in great position to be IU's highest ever draft pick either after 23 or 24 season.  

WNBA money and of course playing in WNBA may be quite appealing…it is not the NBA financially.  Because of current IU Lady  basketball culture including (fun of a lifetime) and closeness as in family IU Lady program matches well with reasons to stay.  Led by T. Moren IU Ladies basketball is becoming true what T. Moren forecasted when she was hired.  
It’s also good to see IU Ladies becoming a destination for top players.  T. Moren and staff and whole IU Ladies basketball program are sizzling.
Now, in the future including 2023 and 2024 a couple top players needed.  6’3”…plus a 6’4” and or 6’5.” (every team needs them).

Such an impressive seeming roster. Not sure how the minutes will turn out, but you can make a case for 10-12 of them deserving time. More likes playing experienced players, so I’m sure that’ll factor in. Really curious to see Garzon in addition to the Freshman(women) class.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Such an impressive seeming roster. Not sure how the minutes will turn out, but you can make a case for 10-12 of them deserving time. More likes playing experienced players, so I’m sure that’ll factor in. Really curious to see Garzon in addition to the Freshman(women) class.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Agree. Definitely the deepest team Teri has had in Btown. I think I'm most excited to see the growth/improvement in Chloe's game! With 2 of the elite players in the country, and the pieces you mentioned, this team has the potential to be a final four team. Depth in the post, is one of my concerns. ie..South Carolina 

Mrs. Focker, I presume?

Saw a FB post from IU today about how Grace Waggoner was among the women's hoopsters who graduated this spring. Obviously, I had seen her play, so I know who she was. But when I saw her photo -- she again reminded me of someone, though I couldn't recall whom.

Then, it hit me -- I think she bears a striking resemblance to Teri Polo of the "Fockers" movie series fame. 

BLOOMINGTON, IN - SEPTEMBER 28, 2021 -  guard Grace Waggoner #3 of the Indiana Hoosiers during photo day at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Bloomington, IN. Photo By Xavier Daniels/ Indiana Athletics

Whatever Happened to Teri Polo?

Coach Moren tabbed as an assistant coach for 2022 @usabasketball Women's U18 National Team.

Indiana head coach has been announced as an assistant coach for the 2022 USA Basketball women's U18 national team.

This will be Moren's first official stint with USA Basketball as she also served as a court coach for the U19 World Cup Team trials in May 2021. Texas A&M's Joni Taylor will serve as head coach while Old Dominion's DeLisha Milton-Jones will join Moren as an assistant.

"I am honored to be a part of USA Basketball's U18 National Team," Moren said. "It will be an exciting opportunity to work alongside great coaches and the some of the best young players. I'm looking forward to representing our country through basketball."

A now-biennial event launched in 1988 and open to athletes 18 years old or younger, the FIBA Americas U18 Championship features eight national teams from North, South and Central America and the Caribbean. The USA Basketball women claimed 10-straight gold medals from 2000-2018, as well as in 1988, and silver medals in 1992 and 1996. USA Basketball is 59-2 in FIBA Americas U18 Championship action. Trials for the 2022 team will be held May 31-June 4 in Colorado Springs, Colo.

Entering her ninth season with the Hoosiers in 2022-23, Moren has guided the program to four NCAA Tournament appearances and seven consecutive 20-win seasons. IU finished the 2021-22 season by tying a program-record 24 wins and advanced to its first Big Ten Tournament championship game in 20 years. In her eight seasons, Indiana is 172-89 as she is the program's second all-time winningest coach as she has advanced to back-to-back Sweet Sixteens, an Elite Eight appearance in 2021 and a WNIT championship in 2018. All five starters garnered All-Big Ten honors in 2021-22 and junior forward Mackenzie Holmes and Grace Berger hauled in a combined four All-American honorable mention honors. In addition, Indiana was ranked as high as No. 4 in the Associated Press and No. 5 in the WBCA/USA Today coaches poll in 2021-22.

Just now, LIHoosier said:

Ali Patberg returning as team/recruiting coordinator.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Surprised.  I thought she wanted to play overseas if she didn't make the WNBA.  That could get her foot in the door for a coaching spot eventually though.

Will Cahill become a member of IU coaching staff?  Or Buss (though Buss is in Wisky so situation and timing may not work out unless it could work out).