Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Parrish, Berger and Holmes is 3 elite players

Agree but still need a couple of guards. I know we didn't play the bench that much do I don't know about the younger girls on the bench.

It is really fun and interesting to see how T. Moren has taken an opportunity to set an Aim in the development of IU women basketball from what she started from….culture of players, coaches, support staff, and administration, community and fans.  It continues to be a process that is recognizable to those who are /and become involved moving forward towards goals that I have heard T. Moren say time after time.  T. Moren and her staff and players are as a group a class act.  S. Parrish is the latest addition along with the other recruits coming in.  Are IU Ladies there in 22-23 or is one more high level big a must??? (6’4” or at least 6’3” or even 6’5” or would 6’5” slow IU down to much plus will A.W. be sufficient when needed)…IU Ladies like to play both, up tempo or slower half court with discipline which fits Parrish.  Then, an experienced 6’4” Friars transfer along with the other Lady Hoosiers make them a formidable foe…as in conference champ and final 4 contender.

10 minutes ago, TTT said:

It is really fun and interesting to see how T. Moren has taken an opportunity to set an Aim in the development of IU women basketball from what she started from….culture of players, coaches, support staff, and administration, community and fans.  It continues to be a process that is recognizable to those who are /and become involved moving forward towards goals that I have heard T. Moren say time after time.  T. Moren and her staff and players are as a group a class act.  S. Parrish is the latest addition along with the other recruits coming in.  Are IU Ladies there in 22-23 or is one more high level big a must??? (6’4” or at least 6’3” or even 6’5” or would 6’5” slow IU down to much plus will A.W. be sufficient when needed)…IU Ladies like to play both, up tempo or slower half court with discipline which fits Parrish.  Then, an experienced 6’4” Friars transfer along with the other Lady Hoosiers make them a formidable foe…as in conference champ and final 4 contender.

Well stated TTT, and welcome to the board!

Always great to see new posters that truly embrace the IUBB women’s team analysis.

Thanks for having me Stuhoo.  Double Double per game for Grace Berger, Mac Holmes, and S. Parrish…with solid performer by Chloe M.M. 22-23.  (Love Chloe and what she brings.  I noticed she really played her role well and looked for teammates.  Next year, if Chloe could take another step and assert herself more could really solidify this 22-23 team.

Really stoked about this IUWBB roster:

4 sure starters

Grace Berger

McKenzie Holmes

Sydney Parrish

Chloe  Moore-McNeal

3 battling for that 5th starter spot

Kiandra Browne

Alyssa Geary

Kaitlin Peterson

Bench players

Ariel Wisne

Mona Saric

the four freshmen

Lilly Meister

Lexus Bargesser

Henna Sandvik

Yarden Garzon

This could be a very ,very good team. And if the freshmen pan out we could be deep for a change.

My opinion…Mike, besides the 4 sure starters some decisions may be game and player circumstances.  Bargesser is coming off season ending injury and will probably take time to find her way.  I expect Geary to be in serious contention to be a starter with Browne playing her Browne role where needed especially behind Holmes.  Meister will play a little.  Peterson along with Sandvik will play at designated times.  The one player that could be pretty good and play substantially is Garzon.  Others may play very sparingly.  This is if this roster stays pat or will there be a another transfer in and or a transfer out.