Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

USA defeats Brazil 71-60 to advance to the gold medal game tomorrow night at 9:10 p.m.  Grace played slightly less than 4 minutes in this game after averaging around 18 min. in the previous 4 games.  

http://www.fiba.basketball/womensamericup/2021/player/Grace-Elizabeth-Berger

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

We're losing Greg Murray on the mic for the women's games next season.

To bad but rather lose him then a player obviously;).

My guess is they will have a student do it just like they had Austin Render take over baseball from Greg Murray last couple years. Maybe they give Austin both sports now or possibly another media student.

They all do a solid job and I support whoever calls the game.

Pretty much as expected.

Austin Render @AustinRender

Personal News Tweet: I am thrilled and honored to be the next play-by-play voice of @IndianaWBB starting this upcoming season. There are too many people to thank in 280 characters, but I am so excited to get this season started!

What a Thanksgiving this will be.   Indiana Women's Basketball has announced it will take part in the Baha Mar Pink Flamingo Championship in Nassau, Bahamas at the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar Hyatt resort on November 25th and 27th. It will play two contests against the reigning national champion Stanford and Miami (FL).

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/7/28/womens-basketball-hoosiers-to-face-national-champion-stanford-miami-fl-at-baha-mar-pink-flamingo-championship.aspx

https://iuhoosiers.com/documents/2021/7/28/Full_Release.pdf

The '21-22 B1G schedule. 

Game times and TV designations along with the rest of the Hoosiers' non-conference slate will be announced at a later date.

2020-21 Indiana Big Ten Conference Schedule
Monday, December 6, 2021 Penn State at Indiana Bloomington, Ind.
Sunday, December 12, 2021 Indiana at Ohio State Columbus, Ohio
Thursday, December 30, 2021 Indiana at Rutgers Piscataway, N.J.
Sunday, January 2, 2022 Maryland at Indiana Bloomington, Ind.
Wednesday, January 5, 2022 Indiana at Wisconsin Madison, Wis.
Thursday, January 13, 2022 Nebraska at Indiana Bloomington, Ind.
Sunday, January 16, 2022 Indiana at Purdue West Lafayette, Ind.
Wednesday, January 19, 2022 Michigan State at Indiana Bloomington, Ind.
Sunday, January 23, 2022 Indiana at Iowa Iowa City, Iowa
Thursday, January 27, 2022 Illinois at Indiana Bloomington, Ind.
Sunday, January 30, 2022 Indiana at Michigan Ann Arbor, Mich.
Thursday, February 3, 2022 Minnesota at Indiana Bloomington, Ind.
Sunday, February 6, 2022 Purdue at Indiana Bloomington, Ind.
Thursday, February 10, 2022 Indiana at Illinois Champaign, Ill.
Monday, February 14, 2022 Indiana at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb.
Thursday, February 17, 2022 Northwestern at Indiana Bloomington, Ind.
Sunday, February 20, 2022 Iowa at Indiana Bloomington, Ind.
Fri., Feb. 25 or Sat., Feb. 26, 2022 Indiana at Maryland College Park, Md.

Traitor Sharon decided to call it quits a year early. I'm guessing the allegations of a "hostile" environment had something to do with it. Katie Gearlds takes over. I'm kinda disappointed/worried -- to tell the truth. Teri Moren owned our little sisters to the north recently. Gearlds will bring a different energy to the job. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Traitor Sharon decided to call it quits a year early. I'm guessing the allegations of a "hostile" environment had something to do with it. Katie Gearlds takes over. I'm kinda disappointed/worried -- to tell the truth. Teri Moren owned our little sisters to the north recently. Gearlds will bring a different energy to the job. 

Versyp should of been fired years ago from an objective standpoint. She drove a once elite program into the ground and it will be much harder for them to recover now.

She was clearly a slimy person leaving IU after a yr and the allegations at Purdue and they were negligent to let her ruin their top program. Very glad Moren has seized on that for now and IU and PU have basically switched places for the moment. 

With that said I have never heard of a program holding on to a mediocre coach in a once elite program that long. The stereotype about Purdue being dumb applies here to their athletic department. Should of happened a long time ago.   

[/url]  

Dang Gearlds is my coworker’s niece. Always thought she was a great kid/person. Gonna be harder to wish them the worst.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app