Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

Just a thought that’s crossed my mind a couple times hearing about all the transfers.We all believe in Moren and what she’s doing for this program. 

But ultimately there’s a reason why so many players are transferring from her program every year. 

Recap

2016 class all either transferred or left the program 

2017 class everyone player has left. Which 2 of those kids were starters who played over 30 mins a game. Which now Yeaney is thriving in a different system and injury doesn’t look like she bothered by it anymore and Jaelynn will most likely do the same with an a stacked UCLA roster next year.  

Danielle transferred from Notre Dame last year and didn’t finish out the year with Indiana then decided to leave after spending one year with the team. Which you don’t see often. (Even with limited play time players stuck it out for another year ) 

2018 class- Chanel left which was expected 

2019 class-  3 players left who were all  3 from Indiana.( They all transferred for different reasons but nonetheless they transferred) 

In total that’s 13 players leaving in the last 4 years isn’t good at all. There’s teams like the Baylor, UConn, South Carolina and Stanford who are winning programs but you haven’t heard of that many players leaving those big time programs which a lot of them don’t get much playing time. So I think it’s eye opening I don’t believe it’s all built around playing time. Last year around this time multiple players who either transferred or left the program stated on Twitter how their mental health was suffering while play at IU. Which included Yeaney. I find it even more  interesting that when IU played Arizona Moren didn’t have anything nice to say about yeaney being on her team for 3 years when speaking to the media. After Arizona won Yeaney went on Twitter and quoted what she said in her press conference about “ having no emotional connection towards yeaney” and stated that she made the best decision in her life with transferring.  I know this sounds like nothing but if you look into it more it’s actually something. Why would a coach who says she love these players all the time say something like that if a player left for personal reasons. The reason I use yeaney as an example is because she is the most recent to transfer last year and she uses her voice on Twitter a lot.  So It personally made me think there is some disconnected when it comes to coach Moren & some of the players who she had recruited and they end up leaving because they don’t feel valued. 

Coach Moren is a wonderful coach but she’s having more players leaving than staying  which is not a good look for big time recruits.  

IU will continue to have their success but ultimately if they can’t players bought in to stay in the program, it’s going to be tough to compete against some of the nations best.

Edited by Basketballhead24

15 hours ago, Basketballhead24 said:

IU will continue to have their success but ultimately if they can’t players bought in to stay in the program, it’s going to be tough to compete against some of the nations best.

After the best years in program history, the just-ended single best year in program history, and with a top ten team heading into next season, you’re thinking “it’s going to be tough to compete against some of the nation’s best?!?”

Get the **** outta Dodge. That’s pretty ******* silly.

The transfers in the WBB program have been remarkable over the years. They aren’t the only program losing kids obviously and with the portal thriving, it’s going to get even worse. Finding kids willing to sit is going to be more of a challenge. Everyone wants to play / start. I get it but with 15 scholarships, it’s going to be tough keeping everyone happy.

Teri Is probably a demanding coach. She looks to see kids coming in for extra work, ones looking to improve on their time.

I’m a little shocked she didn’t look for a player or two in the portal but she must have felt okay with numbers at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

True or not, no negative talk of any kind is allowed on this wbb forum. A couple people from this forum (who have been on Twitter and Instagram harassing former players such as Danielle williams, telling her to take IUWBB out if her bio because she was "ungrateful") tried to claim that I personally message IU recruits to tell them not to attend iu (insane) 

Bendu is an unusual situation because she thought she was on good terms with the program and then they released a statement without her consent (claiming that she wrote it) on why she was leaving. Then allegedly when she was trying to decide on a new school, they would contact IU to ask about her and the iu staff was saying that she wasn't a good teammate, didn't accept her role, ect.. what iu doesn't understand is that those things come back to the person eventually.

Hannah noveroske was in contact with a few schools, one of them in the big east. One of the assistants called iu to ask about hannah and they had all kinds of negative things to say about her work ethic, conditioning, ect --even though I've seen with my own eyes how hard shes worked in bloomington. Why would they do that?

And these 2 specific situations are not the first of their kind here at IU. 

What the staff needs to realize is that when you do these things to people, word spreads.

*fun fact* teri moren has never had one single season without multiple transfers

Okay now you all can come on the attack 

23 minutes ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

True or not, no negative talk of any kind is allowed on this wbb forum. A couple people from this forum (who have been on Twitter and Instagram harassing former players such as Danielle williams, telling her to take IUWBB out if her bio because she was "ungrateful") tried to claim that I personally message IU recruits to tell them not to attend iu (insane) 

Bendu is an unusual situation because she thought she was on good terms with the program and then they released a statement without her consent (claiming that she wrote it) on why she was leaving. Then allegedly when she was trying to decide on a new school, they would contact IU to ask about her and the iu staff was saying that she wasn't a good teammate, didn't accept her role, ect.. what iu doesn't understand is that those things come back to the person eventually.

Hannah noveroske was in contact with a few schools, one of them in the big east. One of the assistants called iu to ask about hannah and they had all kinds of negative things to say about her work ethic, conditioning, ect --even though I've seen with my own eyes how hard shes worked in bloomington. Why would they do that?

What the staff needs to realize is that when you do these things to people, word spreads.

*fun fact* teri moren has never had one single season without multiple transfers

• Reading all of the posts with negative talk.
  • Reading them! (did I mention that?)
  • Then reading "no negative talk of any kind is allowed on this wbb forum."
  • Read that too!

It's a bit confusing    ;)

Maybe it’s true, what the staff is saying?

What they are saying could be relative to having very high expectations. Maybe it’s why those that buy in are ultra competitive and we are kicking tail with those girls on the team despite the transfers?

Maybe?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

• Reading all of the posts with negative talk.
  • Reading them! (did I mention that?)
  • Then reading "no negative talk of any kind is allowed on this wbb forum."
  • Read that too!

It's a bit confusing    ;)

I suppose I was allowed to type what I did, but was immediately called names, spoken down to, ect so..

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maybe it’s true, what the staff is saying?

What they are saying could be relative to having very high expectations. Maybe it’s why those that buy in are ultra competitive and we are kicking tail with those girls on the team despite the transfers?

Maybe?

Its not a good look to trash talk players on their way out of the program. Its vindictive and classless. And as I said, word gets around. Player A is treated like crap, leaves, tells her aau coach about her experience, tells her d1 friends who play at other schools about their experience...and so on. just multiply this by each kid that leaves and gets bad mouthed out the door...

You were immediately talked down to because of your Twitter history and past posts here. Your first post back and you start stirring the pot immediately. Easy to ignore your posts from here on out. Stop acting like a martyr

26 minutes ago, mamasa said:

You were immediately talked down to because of your Twitter history and past posts here. Your first post back and you start stirring the pot immediately. Easy to ignore your posts from here on out. Stop acting like a martyr

What is my Twitter history? I'll wait.

I was referring to how rude everyone was to that other person who commented about the transfers within this program as well as the disparaging comments made toward me in which almost nobody had any rebuttal for what I actually said in my post because--- as some (very loud) IU fans seem to be, many of you are very toxic.

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

I was referring to how rude everyone was to that other person who commented about the transfers within this program as well as the disparaging comments made toward me in which almost nobody had any rebuttal for what I actually said in my post because--- as some (very loud) IU fans seem to be, many of you are very toxic.

This is the IUWBB News and Notes thread.

Please stay on topic.

I had a rebuttal. I always do.

Like I said, what you call “Trash Talking” I say MAY be the truth based on our staffs expectations.

Let’s ask Ali Patberg what she thinks. Or Tyra Buss. Or Grace Berger. Or Mackenzie Holmes.

I don’t love our amount of transfers and hopefully our staff can rectify that situation a little better but we’ve been breaking records and performing at all time highs, yet you want to disparage everything about Moren.

The only thing that makes sense is you are a spurned player or family because you don’t appear interested in seeing IUWBB succeed. Because that is what we’ve been doing, if you haven’t noticed.

On 4/30/2021 at 8:54 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Let’s ask Ali Patberg what she thinks. Or Tyra Buss. Or Grace Berger. Or Mackenzie Holmes.

Let's ask Tom Cruise what he thinks of David Miscavige, too while we are at it. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

Let's ask Tom Cruise what he thinks of David Miscavige, too while we are at it. 

I really, really, really, really hope you're not comparing David Miscavige to Teri Moren. 

Because that would likely be the most absurd post in the history of this site.