Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

17 hours ago, Hoosier_Hatchet said:

Appreciate all the great info and hub that is here for IU womens basketball talk.  

Got to believe the coaching staff is considering transfer options in for next year.  Would think they someone looking to be on a national title contending team would give us a look.   Are there any free sites out there that provide who is in the womens portal? 

There is not a lot out there but Raoul keeps a website and twitter feed that can be helpful.  You can find some links on his Twitter feed.

Raoul (@Raoul_000) / Twitter

Not a big surprise. She started the season getting descent minutes but Gulbe outplayed her. Losing her & Noveroske. IU could use some size for sure and Maybe a Quick scoring PG. IU still has a nice core coming back but could use a couple more scorers off the bench transferring in. IU still has 2 true frosh incoming. Both look like they can be solid players. Both big guards.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Great honor for Grace to be selected as a participant.

Rising senior guard Grace Berger has been selected to participate in the 2021 USA AmeriCup Team Trials April 18-21, 2021 at the University of South Carolina. 

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/4/14/womens-basketball-grace-berger-to-attend-2021-americup-team-trials.aspx

1 hour ago, ray said:

Note to the coaching staff:  Keep this one and her family off your recruiting radar. 

https://fanbuzz.com/high-school/indiana-aau-girls-basketball-referee-fight/

In all fairness,

1. The referee threw the first punch.
  2. Got his butt body slammed by dad, and then
  3. The 60 pound little guard started kicking him while he was down.
  4. The team fighting the ref was down 34-12 in the first half.

That's a heckuva video--whole lot going on there!   lol

In all fairness,

1) the ref is absolutely in the wrong for taking a ******* swing at the father
AND
2) the father is in the wrong for being on the ******* floor
AND
3) what the **** are we teaching these kids?! What the **** happened to being civil and raising our children to be GOOD ******* people.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

AND
AND
3) what the **** are we teaching these kids?! What the **** happened to being civil and raising our children to be GOOD ******* people.

Lol

There have ALWAYS been a whole bunch a people like that. And folks have ALWAYS longed for the good old days.

The more things change...

In all fairness,

AND
AND

Be curious to know what set the ref off to throw the punch? Seemed like dad may have said something that did it. Everything that is wrong with everything was on display in that video. Everyday I lose just a little more hope for humanity.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Be curious to know what set the ref off to throw the punch? Seemed like dad may have said something that did it. Everything that is wrong with everything was on display in that video. Everyday I lose just a little more hope for humanity.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

To my untrained eye, it appears that the guy in yellow was cell phone filming said ref. Said red did not appreciate said filming!

Dont lose hope for humanity my friend! There’s always been off the page people—cell phones and social media have made them viral video infamous!

20 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

AND
AND

100% agree. You will see the worst from people at these AAU events, at times. It's disgusting. 

I've had an opposing coach try to fight me in the handshake line. Smh. That was hard not to ask him to meet me in the parking lot, not going to lie. 

On 4/14/2021 at 11:12 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Great honor for Grace to be selected as a participant.

Rising senior guard Grace Berger has been selected to participate in the 2021 USA AmeriCup Team Trials April 18-21, 2021 at the University of South Carolina. 

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/4/14/womens-basketball-grace-berger-to-attend-2021-americup-team-trials.aspx

Berger is genuinely exceptional. Anytime I watch her play I want to clone her as a man and put her (him) on the men’s team lol 

On 4/14/2021 at 4:13 PM, Stuhoo said:

In all fairness,

So dad said something and ref swung then got his Azz handed to him while “throwing” punches like a girl lol — actually, that’s insulting to the girls out there :)