Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

Coach Moren is not everyone's cup off tea.

She is a Coach Knight light in personality and an absolutely brilliant basketball mind. The ones who love her really do, but she rubs some the wrong way and is hot headed which leads to a lot of transfers (Knight had a ton for this reason). Ultimately, though the ones who stick around are better for it and think she is the greatest, just like the players who like Knight think he is. Every once in a while a Penn or a Yeaney will transfer, but for the most part the good players stay around and it is well worth it to them as evidence by Patberg committing to a seventh yr. 

Don't worry about the transfers. The entire bench might transfer and outside of Browne and maybe Price you literally lose nothing. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Moren get some good transfers herself from the portal which she has used very successfully.  

Coach Moren is not everyone's cup off tea.
She is a Coach Knight light in personality and an absolutely brilliant basketball mind. The ones who love her really do, but she rubs some the wrong way and is hot headed which leads to a lot of transfers (Knight had a ton for this reason). Ultimately, though the ones who stick around are better for it and think she is the greatest, just like the players who like Knight think he is. Every once in a while a Penn or a Yeaney will transfer, but for the most part the good players stay around and it is well worth it to them as evidence by Patberg committing to a seventh yr. 
Don't worry about the transfers. The entire bench might transfer and outside of Browne and maybe Price you literally lose nothing. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Moren get some good transfers herself from the portal which she has used very successfully.  

Success breeds confidence. I’m on board. I love what she has done with the program.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Chanel Wilson enters the portal.  Saw very limited action this year (30 min.) and thus unlikely to see much more next season.
Ex7RDUHWgAMXch7?format=jpg%26name=small&key=e9a69a4cf798ee954a8caf41ac27870d7cd584b7126f5adcf0f6d257f6b7b24a

Never really recovered from the injuries. Hate seeing players leave, but next woman up!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And we already have a top-25 from ESPN for next season.  Hoosiers #7 and if these early rankings prove to be reasonably accurate, the B1G is going to be brutal.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31184173/women-college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-uconn-reigns-south-carolina-looms

Interesting piece of trivia.  All 4 of Stanford's NCAA championships have been coached by IU alumni.  3 by Tara Vanderveer and 1 by Everett Dean.

46 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IMO not terribly surprising.

Hannah Noveroske (6-5 SO center, Michigan City, IN) has entered the transfer portal, out of Indiana WBB; she averaged just 3.1 MPG in the 10 games she played in 2020-21; originally signed with Xavier before a coaching change there.

Too bad, she was starting to look more mobile the last few weeks of the season and looked to be primed for more time on the floor next year.

Wondering if we'll see an influx of transfers as well. Wonder if Penn, Key, Chanel, and Noveroske had heard any rumblings of incoming talent.  Penn generally wouldn't be threatened by being recruited over, as talented as she is, but the others are.  I hate losing players, but am excited to see what's next.  Wishing them all the best!

Would assume IU will dip into the portal as well. IU could use a quick PG to replace Wilson, someone who can hit some 3s. IU could also use another center / PF. Danielle Patterson hasn’t announced yet if she intends to return but she opted out similar to Jaelyn Penn. Her minutes went down as Gulbe’s increased. If she leaves, they could use another inside player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Appreciate all the great info and hub that is here for IU womens basketball talk.  

Got to believe the coaching staff is considering transfer options in for next year.  Would think they someone looking to be on a national title contending team would give us a look.   Are there any free sites out there that provide who is in the womens portal? 

Madison Wise is looking to get closer to home for her last year of eligibility. Anyone who follows the women’s team more than me know if we’ll be interested?