Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

Conference Realignment(For fun)

Just to take my mind and hopefully others off what going on around the world, I did a fun article about realignment. What kind of moves would you like to be seen made or new conferences made? This is just for fun and nothing serious. What benefits do you think it would have on college basketball?

https://xavierharkness3.wixsite.com/topictalk/post/off-the-top-conference-realignment

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What is funny to think is that in your proposed American 11 conference, I think Indiana would have been the topped ranked team this past year.  Syracuse was down last year.  Notre Dame probably would have been a tournament team in this scenario.

FWIW, I'm not a big fan of conferences that are spread out wide geographically.

If I were the Big Ten commisioner and wanted to do a fun little thing and wanted to reorganize the conference but not change teams, I would split the conference into two divisions....with a catch:  run it like the premier league.  seven teams in an 'upper' half, based on what teams finished in the upper half in 2019-20, and the teams in the bottom seven start in the lower half.  Everybody plays each time their 'half' of the division once (home and home), and they play the teams in the other half one time each -- three home games, three away, one neutral.  The opening games for the season are the neutral court games to provide a little excitement instead of playing a cupcake to start the year.  And find interesting venues to play those games.  And I eliminate the Big Ten/ACC challenge.

At the end of the season, the top two teams in the lower half move up while the bottom two teams in the top half move down.

What is funny to think is that in your proposed American 11 conference, I think Indiana would have been the topped ranked team this past year.  Syracuse was down last year.  Notre Dame probably would have been a tournament team in this scenario.
FWIW, I'm not a big fan of conferences that are spread out wide geographically.
If I were the Big Ten commisioner and wanted to do a fun little thing and wanted to reorganize the conference but not change teams, I would split the conference into two divisions....with a catch:  run it like the premier league.  seven teams in an 'upper' half, based on what teams finished in the upper half in 2019-20, and the teams in the bottom seven start in the lower half.  Everybody plays each time their 'half' of the division once (home and home), and they play the teams in the other half one time each -- three home games, three away, one neutral.  The opening games for the season are the neutral court games to provide a little excitement instead of playing a cupcake to start the year.  And find interesting venues to play those games.  And I eliminate the Big Ten/ACC challenge.
At the end of the season, the top two teams in the lower half move up while the bottom two teams in the top half move down.

Indiana would have been the best team this past season. But the league would have some good potential with IU, Cuse, ND and Pitt. All have shown the ability to be very good on a national stage.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 5/1/2020 at 11:56 AM, brumdog45 said:

815 cases in Indiana today....second highest daily number reported in Indiana.  And it wasn’t the Cass county inglux that bumped it that high....their total was in the 80s.  

55 deaths reported as well.

This conference realignment is getting out of control.